Getting CHRIS for German van

Old March 14th 05, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Default Getting CHRIS for German van

I have a German van on order but am finding insurance difficult with out it
being registered with CHRIS. From what they have told me and the form sent I
need the van to register it, but with out registration most insurers don't
provide cover. Is there a way of getting this done by the dealer?

Old March 14th 05, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

In message , John
muttered:
I have a German van on order but am finding insurance difficult with out it
being registered with CHRIS. From what they have told me and the form sent I
need the van to register it, but with out registration most insurers don't
provide cover. Is there a way of getting this done by the dealer?

Hi John,

My self-imported German 'van isn't CHRIS registered yet, and it's 2
years old. No problems with insurance so far, try NFU:

http://www.nfumutual.co.uk/

They're competitive, and reputed to be good.

--
Andy

Old March 15th 05, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Thanks
John
"andy" wrote in message
In message , John
muttered:

Old March 15th 05, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Thanks
John
"andy" wrote in message
In message , John
muttered:

Old March 16th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

"andy" wrote in message
In message , John
muttered:
I have a German van on order but am finding insurance difficult with out
it
being registered with CHRIS. From what they have told me and the form sent
need the van to register it, but with out registration most insurers don't
provide cover. Is there a way of getting this done by the dealer?

I bought a Lunar Chateau before they came with CRiS registration. We had no
problem insuring it with NFU, and have subsequently CRiS registered it
ourselves. It still insured with NFU, though, as there renewal quote was
the lowest

Old March 16th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

"andy" wrote in message
In message , John
muttered: