how much gas do you think

Old March 14th 05, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
unsub2004

Default how much gas do you think

we would use in 2 and 1/2 weeks in France?
thanks

Old March 15th 05, 05:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy_R

"unsub2004" wrote in message
we would use in 2 and 1/2 weeks in France?
thanks

For hot water and cooking we use less than 1 small calor although we don't
shower in the van.

Rgds

Andy R

Old March 15th 05, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

For hot water and cooking we use less than 1 small calor although we don't
shower in the van.

You cannot exchange Calor abroad. We take two 7.5kg Calor and one Camping
Gaz 907 for seven weeks. Use very little, but water heating and cooking is
mostly by electricity. All French village sites and commercials have
electric.
Some Camping a la Ferme-like cl's, may not.
We do use a gas barbecue.
Usually bring all the Calor back and have only ever replaced a Camping Gaz
once in many years caravanning abroad.
Just bought a mini oven from Lidl for 20 to replace an old Tefal unit. 6
amps max so within the power supply of most sites.
DaveK.

Old March 15th 05, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

for two weeks in france with no or little shower use 1x 7.5should do you but
we take 2 to be on the safe side

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old March 15th 05, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:21:55 GMT, "Tinkapace"
wrote:

| for two weeks in france with no or little shower use 1x 7.5should do you but
| we take 2 to be on the safe side

Get a large 907 camping gas bottle with adaptor/regulator. You can get
refills in France.

--
Dave F
Old March 15th 05, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 15th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

unsub2004 said the following on 14/03/2005 23:27:
we would use in 2 and 1/2 weeks in France?
thanks

I'm not trying to wind you up, but why would it be any different usage
in France to the UK. Just try and ensure the bottles you take are full
and don't exceed the legal maximum for tunnels etc.

Roy