Rip off insurance (again!)

Old March 15th 05, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

Default Rip off insurance (again!)

Is it me or are insurance brokers taking the proverbial...

we've just ordered a new van (twin axle) - been shopping for insurance I've
just been given the following criteria before cover would be provided from
one company....

hitch lock (no problem - got one)
wheel clamp (see above)
alarm with tilt sensor (can do that one - since it seems to be standard now
on these vans)
hitch post (or behind locked gates)
another wheel clamp (on opposite side of van and opposite axle)
tracker device

and then with this little lot, the premium would be a lowly 700 ?!?!?!?!?!?
and what a "premium" that is...now am I just being pessimistic (sp?) here,
but is that lot just plain stupid ? it'd take two weeks to get unsecured
before you could go away.

Sorry for the rant - just thought I'd guage opinion !
Cheers
Steve

Old March 15th 05, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
delboy

we have the same requirements for our twin axel spectrum and insurance from
cc was 360.00 our van is 5 years old

Old March 15th 05, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
delboy

Old March 15th 05, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Steve Bowyer" wrote in message
Is it me or are insurance brokers taking the proverbial...

snip horror story

and then with this little lot, the premium would be a lowly 700
?!?!?!?!?!? and what a "premium" that is...now am I just being pessimistic
(sp?) here, but is that lot just plain stupid ? it'd take two weeks to
get unsecured before you could go away.

Apart from anything else, that's more than our house contents and buildings
quote! We chose not to renew that but to save the premiums instead.

Do you have to pay the first x of any claim as well?

I know that caravans are desirable to thieves but it looks to me as though
the insurers don't want the business.

Mary

Old March 15th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Steve Bowyer" wrote in message
Is it me or are insurance brokers taking the proverbial...

we've just ordered a new van (twin axle) - been shopping for insurance
I've just been given the following criteria before cover would be provided
from one company....

hitch lock (no problem - got one)
wheel clamp (see above)
alarm with tilt sensor (can do that one - since it seems to be standard
now on these vans)
hitch post (or behind locked gates)
another wheel clamp (on opposite side of van and opposite axle)
tracker device

and then with this little lot, the premium would be a lowly 700
?!?!?!?!?!? and what a "premium" that is...now am I just being pessimistic
(sp?) here, but is that lot just plain stupid ? it'd take two weeks to
get unsecured before you could go away.

Unfortunately caravans have got pikey appeal so they stolen a lot. My
motorhome costs 300 pa to insure fully comp with a value around 25K

Rgds

Andy R

Old March 15th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

I only need a hitch lock and a wheel clamp if you want a quote email me

Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old March 15th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Old March 15th 05, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:20:36 GMT, "Tinkapace"
wrote:

I only need a hitch lock and a wheel clamp if you want a quote email me

CC require only a hitch lock OR awheel clamp OR an alarm, and their
prices are reasonably competitive, and their cover and payment record
is excellent.

(remove the spam to reply)