TomTom Go POI

Old March 17th 05, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
balzebub

Default TomTom Go POI

I am off to France next week, does anyone have a web address where I can
download French speed camera POI's.
Old March 17th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
techno

"balzebub" wrote in message
I am off to France next week, does anyone have a web address where I can
download French speed camera POI's.

Try these sites

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php

http://www.radarsfixes.com/P_Gps.asp

Old March 17th 05, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Willdigg

Im not sure if the French police allow this but I have seen reports of
horrendus on the spot fines for radar detectors, I should check it out if I
were you and by the way I cant remember ever seing a fixed camera in france
Dave

Old March 17th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Windy

I believe radar cameras are being used on the auto routes; probably mobile.
Apparently some fixed cameras around now aswell elsewhere. - France is out
to cut road accidents. ( Info from Camping and Caravan magz ).

Old March 17th 05, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

If you cannot find any POI's if you email me I will send them to you. But if
the police see you with them they will give you an on the spot fine 60 I
think it is

Keith

Old March 17th 05, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

Windy wrote:
I believe radar cameras are being used on the auto routes; probably

mobile.
Apparently some fixed cameras around now aswell elsewhere. - France

is out
to cut road accidents. ( Info from Camping and Caravan magz ).

----****----
Right folks, I'm afraid I've forgotton from where I obtained my Saftey
Camera POI's, for France, but it may well have been from
http://poiplace.oabsoftware.nl/index.php which has such stuff for loads
of countries, or from the very good French site
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/default.asp?Group=5

Anyway it's all loaded up on the French map, but be aware that France
use mobile units far more than fixed ones, and not all mobile locations
are logged, unlike in the UK. Also set the warning distance to ~800m;
that's nearly how far some of the radar/laser speed detectors can work.

AFAIK you are OK with a GPS Sat-Nav device, but standard speed camera
detector units are illegal. You are liable to a big fine and
confiscation of the unit!!