Winter Wheels

Old March 17th 05, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

Default Winter Wheels

Do Insurance companies accept Winter wheels as an alternative to wheel
clamps. ort do they insist that there is a security lock.

Any advice would be appreciated.

T.I.A.

Gerry

Old March 17th 05, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Harpic" wrote in message
Do Insurance companies accept Winter wheels as an alternative to wheel
clamps. ort do they insist that there is a security lock.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have used winter wheels in the past and I put the wheel clamp on one of
the removed wheels in the garage to comply with the insurance requirement.

Please reply to News Group.

Old March 17th 05, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

I have a set of winter wheels from Milenco which take their own wheel
clamp. So I can use both at the same time. I am not sure if they are
available any more.

Bob

Old March 17th 05, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
RADIOTWO

"David" wrote in message

"Harpic" wrote in message
Do Insurance companies accept Winter wheels as an alternative to wheel
clamps. ort do they insist that there is a security lock.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have used winter wheels in the past and I put the wheel clamp on one of
the removed wheels in the garage to comply with the insurance requirement.

Please reply to News Group.

Thats the best one yet !!

Insurance companys get out of that one !!

Steve

Old March 17th 05, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Good question if you find one that will, get it in writing as most insurance
companies would probably win the argument in a court because its the last
document thats in existance that counts and it normally staes " A Hitclock
and or a Wheel clamp" unless your scedual states no wheelclamp if winter
wheels are fitted then get it in writing or do not do it. It will say
somewhere in the policy that you should check all the clauses and only
proceed if you agree. However all major clauses should be pointed out to you
but seldom are.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old March 17th 05, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:13:24 +0000 (UTC), "Harpic"
wrote:

| Do Insurance companies accept Winter wheels as an alternative to wheel
| clamps. ort do they insist that there is a security lock.
|
| Any advice would be appreciated.

I do not bother with Winter wheels.
I have just replaced my seven year old tires because they were outdated
rather than because they had any visible deterioration.

Also I like to take the van out in winter.

--
Dave F