Sites in Slovenia and Croatia

Old August 2nd 03, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John D

Default Sites in Slovenia and Croatia

All,

We are thinking of going to Slovenia/Croatia in a few weeks time,
specifically the area just south of Trieste, which is the Slovenia/Croatia
border area. Has anyone any experience or tips for that area? There are a
few sites showing on the web, mainly the Croatian bit of coastline, has
anyone tried there. Also, any experience of the Lake Bled area (I like the
name!).

Any tips on the best route would also be appreciated, probably crossing
Portsmouth - Caen/Le Havre, and with a big (2-axle) van so scenic (steep!)
mountain passes are out!

TIA

John Durham

Old August 3rd 03, 03:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill Curphey

In message , John D
writes
All,

We are thinking of going to Slovenia/Croatia in a few weeks time,
specifically the area just south of Trieste, which is the Slovenia/Croatia
border area. Has anyone any experience or tips for that area? There are a
few sites showing on the web, mainly the Croatian bit of coastline, has
anyone tried there. Also, any experience of the Lake Bled area (I like the
name!).

Any tips on the best route would also be appreciated, probably crossing
Portsmouth - Caen/Le Havre, and with a big (2-axle) van so scenic (steep!)
mountain passes are out!

TIA

John Durham

We did a similar trip years ago but not with a van. Ended up on Cres an
island just off the coast. Seem to remember that the most
straightforward route, from the north of England, was through Germany,
so we crossed to Rotterdam, though Zeebruge would have been OK too. Into
Germany, through Munich, little bit of Austria, before dropping down
into what was then Yugoslavia.

I don't recall anything so steep which would have caused problems with a
van. However, as that was before our caravanning days, I didn't give
too much thought to gradients. Why try a route plan through one of the
web sites and see what it comes up with?

HTH
--
Bill Curphey
Old August 4th 03, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Anne Thomas

"John D" wrote in message
All,

We are thinking of going to Slovenia/Croatia in a few weeks time,
specifically the area just south of Trieste, which is the Slovenia/Croatia
border area. Has anyone any experience or tips for that area? There are

few sites showing on the web, mainly the Croatian bit of coastline, has
anyone tried there. Also, any experience of the Lake Bled area (I like

the
name!).

We went to Lake Bled for our honeymoon! It is a beautiful area and there are
lots of other places to explore locally too. Lake Bohinj should not be
missed either.

Annie )

Old August 6th 03, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

"Anne Thomas" wrote in message

"John D" wrote in message
All,

We are thinking of going to Slovenia/Croatia in a few weeks time,
specifically the area just south of Trieste, which is the

Slovenia/Croatia
border area. Has anyone any experience or tips for that area?

The Alan Rogers book of Europe covers this area in this years edition

Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk

You don't have to be mad ..... but it helps

---