Transtar Speci

Old March 18th 05, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

Default Transtar Speci

Does anyone know where I can find the specification for a

1994 ABI Award Transtar

Especially weights, Tyres, Tyre pressures etc etc.

T.I.A.

Gerry

Old March 31st 05, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken

"Harpic" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know where I can find the specification for a

1994 ABI Award Transtar

Especially weights, Tyres, Tyre pressures etc etc.

T.I.A.

Gerry

I have a 1993 model
The weights/dims are
Internal length 4.48m (14'8")
Overall length 6.02m (19'9")
Overall width 2.16m (7'1")
Overall height 2.6m (8'6")
Ex works weight 940kg (18.5cwt)
Max pay load 310kg (6.1cwt)
Awning length 8.58m (28' 2")

(I also have a brochure from 1995 where the Ex works weight has
increased to 964kg and the Max pay load has gone down to 242kg.)

The wheel rim is 4.5J x 13
The tyre is 175 R13 Supervan
The tyre pressure is 54 psi

All the above info is from the handbook I got with my 1993 Transtar,
and may not apply to yours, although the shape, etc didn't change in
1994.

I hope that helps ... if you need more data, feel free to Email me.

regards .. Ken

Old March 31st 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

"Ken" wrote in message
om...
"Harpic" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Ken, Just the stuff I needed.

Since my original posting I have got a handbook for a 1995.

Not much seems to change

Thanks again

Gerry

Old March 31st 05, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

Default Transtar Speci Added question

"Harpic" wrote in message
"Ken" wrote in message
om...
"Harpic" wrote in message
[...]

I hear that the double bed is prone to collapsing,

"The timbers that support the salts are not strong enough"

Do you know anything of that one.

Old April 1st 05, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken

"Harpic" wrote in message ...
"Harpic" wrote in message
"Ken" wrote in message
om...
"Harpic" wrote in message
[...]

The slats are a bit flimsy, but they are strong enough when the weight
is distributed. Avoid putting too much pressure on the first slat when
getting onto the bed. Friends of ours made up a block for theirs which
supported the first slat. They positioned it between the slat and the
floor. We always climb on to ours by putting the weight over the edge
of the seat base. Once you are on them they are very comfortable and
roomy.

regards ... Ken