1st Service...Consumables???

Old March 18th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
alexhaden

Default 1st Service...Consumables???

van in for its 1st (free) service.

Just been told that the consumables comes to 32....

What "consumables" could be used during the vans 1st service, especially
since its only been used 3 times.....

Any ideas?

Old March 18th 05, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"alexhaden" wrote in message
van in for its 1st (free) service.

Just been told that the consumables comes to 32....

What "consumables" could be used during the vans 1st service, especially
since its only been used 3 times.....

You did well getting a free service. I got charged on my Bailey a standard
charge plus consumables.
The consumables were 2 large nuts for holding the wheels on.
I was given the old ones, without asking for them.
Were you not given the replaced parts, guess not as you would not be asking.

Please reply to News Group.

Old March 18th 05, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Richardson

1 shot hub nuts ? Expensive particularly if it's a twin axle. However,
these have to be replaced every time the hub is removed which it is to
adjust/inspect the brakes.
Grease for drawbar
Water Filter
Battery for clock / alarm system

Personally I have the hub nuts and grease but replace the other things
myself at a much lower cost.

--
Andy Richardson
Derbyshire

Old March 18th 05, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Andy Richardson" wrote in message
Water Filter
Battery for clock / alarm system

No old ones of those left in my caravan, only the wheel nuts.
So not included in every dealers servicing.

Please reply to News Group.

Old March 18th 05, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:14:59 +0000 (UTC), "alexhaden"
wrote:

van in for its 1st (free) service.

Just been told that the consumables comes to 32....

What "consumables" could be used during the vans 1st service, especially
since its only been used 3 times.....

Any ideas?

Typically new hub nuts after they have checked the bearings, but they
should return the old ones to as a sign of good faith, also a can of
brake cleaner and a can of penetrating oil. Mind you I don't see 32
worth there.

(remove the spam to reply)