Definition of 'old'

Old March 19th 05, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Default Definition of 'old'

From the awning thread:

"A pleasant old man in a motor home came to try to help ... "

I wonder what people consider to be old?

Older than one's self perhaps - but when we get to that age do we consider
ourselves old?

I know this isn't confined to caravanning but it's especially relevant
because, apprently, older people are the majority of caravanners.

May

Old March 19th 05, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

I'm over 65 but NOT old.
Over 80 is old

Please reply to News Group.

Old March 19th 05, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

I'm over 65 but NOT old.
Over 80 is old

Please reply to News Group.

Old March 19th 05, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Mary Fisher posted:
From the awning thread:

"A pleasant old man in a motor home came to try to help ... "

I wonder what people consider to be old?

Depends on the viewpoint ...

I used to think 25, then 35, then 45, then ... er were all old ...

Older than one's self perhaps - but when we get to that age do we consider
ourselves old?

I'm now 45 and consider myself old when I talk to my kids (12 and 10) but
consider myself young when we're out on the bikes, motor or cycle, and am
still faster than them .. but it's very close nowadays ..

I know this isn't confined to caravanning but it's especially relevant
because, apprently, older people are the majority of caravanners.

We've been caravanning since we knew each other, so for maybe 14 years or
so. I must admit, when we're on some sites, that it does appear that there
are many older people caravanning.

Trouble is, despite what the mirror tells me, I still feel 18 ...

--
Paul ...

(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Old March 19th 05, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...
From the awning thread:

"A pleasant old man in a motor home came to try to help ... "

I wonder what people consider to be old?

Older than one's self perhaps - but when we get to that age do we consider
ourselves old?

I know this isn't confined to caravanning but it's especially relevant
because, apprently, older people are the majority of caravanners.

May

Well seeing as it was my quote I'll try to answer it.

My Granny is 93 and the second oldest person in her village. Up until about
five years ago she used to refer to 'those old people' but I note she has
recently dropped that. So I think she definitely regards herself as old now.
Its a recent change though.

My father has just turned 70, but he looks younger and is physically fit and
active so I don't regard him as old.

The man I was referring to was probably late 60's, but he definitely
appeared old.

The age profile of caravanners is dropping like a stone Mary. Its very
difficult to get a family caravan at the moment, whereas two berths are ten
a penny.

Neb

Old March 19th 05, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...
From the awning thread:

"A pleasant old man in a motor home came to try to help ... "

I wonder what people consider to be old?

Older than one's self perhaps - but when we get to that age do we consider
ourselves old?

I know this isn't confined to caravanning but it's especially relevant
because, apprently, older people are the majority of caravanners.

May

One is always the norm Anyone older is old - Anyone younger - WE
HATE.

Is wisdom really a reasonable price to pay for the deterioration of
everything else?

Gerry

Old March 19th 05, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Nebulous" wrote in message

The man I was referring to was probably late 60's, but he definitely
appeared old.

It's my late sixties birthday tomorrow :-)

The age profile of caravanners is dropping like a stone Mary. Its very
difficult to get a family caravan at the moment, whereas two berths are
ten
a penny.

Oh come on! There are lots of family 'vans, at least those which are
reviewed in CCC magazine.

Mary.

Neb