Um, scratched my caravan noooo! what now?

Old March 19th 05, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
AlexHaden

Default Um, scratched my caravan noooo! what now?

Ok, just picked up my caravan from its 1st service, and while pushing it
back into the drive, i have managed to put a scrape on the side....

Well its more like 4 small 1/2 inch long scrapes from the side of a
brick....

Anyway, its only scraped and slightly dented the side, the dent you cannot
see, as its so tiny, but the nice shiny "silver" scratches are really
noticeable.

Anyway, all im asking is this..

1) Im assuming the sides aluminium, so it wont rust, and as long as its not
been perforated, i should be ok.

2) touch up paint for a bailey ranger?? Can you get it, and if so any ideas?
Its not white, its kind of a faded white/cream (2004 Ranger)

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.....

Now to go outside and knock down the offending gateposts!!!!!!!

Old March 19th 05, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

AlexHaden composed the following;:

1) Im assuming the sides aluminium, so it wont rust, and as long as
its not been perforated, i should be ok.

If it is aluminium it won't rust, but it will oxidise, which can be
worse than rust. Ask any Aluminium bodied Landrover owner ..

Best place we found was Halfords .. take the caravan to a large
out-of-town outlet and speak to an assistant. They will invariably let
you take a few paintcan tops outside to match the colour up ... or they
did last time I asked anyway.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old March 19th 05, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

"alexhaden" wrote in message
Does it need any kind of sealant / undercoat first?

Is it too deep jo just polish out ?...i would try t-cut on it first.

Bob.

Old March 19th 05, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

Old March 19th 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"AlexHaden" wrote in message
Ok, just picked up my caravan from its 1st service, and while pushing it
back into the drive, i have managed to put a scrape on the side....

Now to go outside and knock down the offending gateposts!!!!!!!

Don't blame the gateposts. Kill the human element.

Mary

Old March 19th 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"AlexHaden" wrote in message
Ok, just picked up my caravan from its 1st service, and while pushing it
back into the drive, i have managed to put a scrape on the side....

Well its more like 4 small 1/2 inch long scrapes from the side of a
brick....

Anyway, its only scraped and slightly dented the side, the dent you cannot
see, as its so tiny, but the nice shiny "silver" scratches are really
noticeable.

I do not think aluminium is spray painted like cars are. Think the paint is
pulled somehow on by electric. Think you would be best consulting a caravan
repairer. Are you insured? But repair might be less than the excess.

Please reply to News Group.