Caravan toilets

Old March 20th 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

Default Caravan toilets

I see special toilet paper is available for caravan use. Is this really
necessary or just a waste of money?

Andrew.

Old March 20th 05, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Andrew" wrote in message
I see special toilet paper is available for caravan use. Is this really
necessary or just a waste of money?

LOL!

When we first had a caravan we realised that there was a special language
associated with small scale living, the words usually ended with 'ette'.
Naturally we played on this, we had the kitchenette, the dinette, the
floorette etc.

So now we have a toilet rollette!

Mary

Andrew.

Old March 20th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Actually yes. If you have a pump toilet (electric or hand) using the special
paper results in far less clogging than ordinary "home use" paper.

Cheers, Peter.

Old March 20th 05, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:38:14 GMT, "Andrew" wrote:

I see special toilet paper is available for caravan use. Is this really
necessary or just a waste of money?

Total waste of money.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old March 21st 05, 06:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Andrew" wrote in message
I see special toilet paper is available for caravan use. Is this really
necessary or just a waste of money?

For 'posh' caravaneers, it is branded with the cassette toilet makers name.
We use the the same as at home, IE Tesco SOFT.
I believe you sould only use the soft papers in a cassette toilet, which I
guess 99% of that sold in supermarkets is.

Please reply to News Group.

Old March 21st 05, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
arthur norman

Used it many years ago but unable to empty the loo before we left the site
had to empty it in the toilet at home.Thus my first introduction to plumbing
because it blocked the u bend & where do you find a plumber on a Easter
weekend.needless to say I have never used it since.