Caen Docks

Old March 21st 05, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
balzebub

Default Caen Docks

I am travelling Portsmouth to Caen on the 30th of this monthand arrive
at 22.00. As I will have 3 grandchildren, one 6 and two 4, I would like
to stop as soon as poosible to bed down for the night. Has anyone stayed
at the docks going into France at Caen? This would be the ideal
situation for us as then we can travel early the next morning.
Old March 23rd 05, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frank Smith

balzebub wrote:
I am travelling Portsmouth to Caen on the 30th of this monthand arrive
at 22.00. As I will have 3 grandchildren, one 6 and two 4, I would like
to stop as soon as poosible to bed down for the night. Has anyone stayed
at the docks going into France at Caen? This would be the ideal
situation for us as then we can travel early the next morning.

Seems like no one wants to answer you. I believe it's possible but I've
not done it myself. If you go into Google Groups and search for Caen in
uk.rec.caravanning you will find quite a few queries along the lines
about which you are enquiring.

Frank

Old March 23rd 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
balzebub

Frank Smith wrote:
balzebub wrote:

I am travelling Portsmouth to Caen on the 30th of this monthand arrive
at 22.00. As I will have 3 grandchildren, one 6 and two 4, I would
like to stop as soon as poosible to bed down for the night. Has anyone
stayed at the docks going into France at Caen? This would be the ideal
situation for us as then we can travel early the next morning.

Seems like no one wants to answer you. I believe it's possible but I've
not done it myself. If you go into Google Groups and search for Caen in
uk.rec.caravanning you will find quite a few queries along the lines
about which you are enquiring.

Frank

Thanks for the tip. Following one of the old queries I rang Brittany and
they said if I saw one of their staff when I came off the ferry they
would show me where I could park for the night.

Old March 24th 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"balzebub" wrote in message
I am travelling Portsmouth to Caen on the 30th of this monthand arrive
at 22.00. As I will have 3 grandchildren, one 6 and two 4, I would like
to stop as soon as poosible to bed down for the night. Has anyone stayed
at the docks going into France at Caen? This would be the ideal
situation for us as then we can travel early the next morning.

Mr. B,

Sorry I did not answer sooner but I have had PC problems. I do go to France
a lot from Portsmouth but usually to Cherbourg. We have been to Caen once
and the parking seemed quite limited although there are not many sailings to
and from Caen so I know people do spend the night on the quay. I also
believe Brittany Ferries have an arrangement with a nearby campsite and they
used to offer a free night to caravanners arriving in the evening. I am sure
you will find something and we wish you all the best with this grandfatherly
expedition.

Regards.

Dave.