Electrolux RM212 Fridge Trouble

Old August 3rd 03, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Posh Paws

Default Electrolux RM212 Fridge Trouble

Thanks Michael

I am off for a look at the wiring diagram now. Sorry about the attachment -
can I take it off?? i will try anyway.

Regards
Scott

"Michael Leete" wrote in message
Scott,

First I must mention that we don't post attachments here. All hell can
desend on you if you do and it probably will!

I don't think your fridge is wired properly. The heating element should be
wired to the vehicle battery via an ign sw operated relay. The el ign

should
be wired to the house battery. It isn't the exact model but you can find a
wiring diagram here.

http://www.dometic.com/files/um/caravan/ENRM6XX0_1.pdf

Michael

"Posh Paws" wrote in message
Hi All

I am new to this game and having trouble with my fridge. It is an
electrolux rm212 with electronic ignition. It all works fine apart from

the
gas operation with instead of having the 12v/240v switch in the middle
postion (off) I need to have it in the 12v position to enable the

electronic
timer to work properly. The only problem with this position is that it
drains my battery (even with the 12v cooling setting switch at zero).

I reckon there must be a wiring problem somewhere behind the scenes - I

do
know that some wiring has been altered.

The 12v coming from my battery arrives at the contols in a strange way -

the
+ve goes to the 12v/240v selector and the earth goes to the electronic
ignition circuit - the earth appears to be then carried to the 12v/240v
switch from there.

It does not really make sense to me how it is operating.

I have looked in the manual but it does not give a clear circuit

diagram.
have taken a picture of the wiring of the electronic switch which are
attached.

I hope someone out there can shed some light on it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott

Old August 4th 03, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Posh Paws

Hi Again

I think I deleted my original message so I am posting it again. I know the
sequence will be out but any further help would be appreciated.

Regards
Scott
Hi All

I am new to this game and having trouble with my fridge. It is an
electrolux rm212 with electronic ignition. It all works fine apart from the
gas operation with instead of having the 12v/240v switch in the middle
position (off) I need to have it in the 12v position to enable the
electronic
timer to work properly. The only problem with this position is that it
drains my battery (even with the 12v cooling setting switch at zero).

I reckon there must be a wiring problem somewhere behind the scenes - I do
know that some wiring has been altered.

The 12v coming from my battery arrives at the controls in a strange way -
the
+ve goes to the 12v/240v selector and the earth goes to the electronic
ignition circuit - the earth appears to be then carried to the 12v/240v
switch from there.

It does not really make sense to me how it is operating.

I have looked in the manual but it does not give a clear circuit diagram. I
have taken a picture of the wiring of the electronic switch which I can
forward to anybody who may be able to help.