X-Trail Navigation system

Old March 22nd 05, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom

Default X-Trail Navigation system

I understand that there are quite a few people on this NG who use X-Trails
for towing their caravans. Has anyone had the Nissan Birdview navigation
system fitted and what is your opinion of the system, is it any good? does
it talk to you? how easy is it to use, any drawbacks etc?
Regards
Tom

Old March 22nd 05, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
arthur norman

It is good, it does talk to you,main drawback is to upgrade the disk is
about 300 according to my dealer.Better of with a tom-tom ago you can
download the upgrades for free

Old March 22nd 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Tom" wrote in message
I understand that there are quite a few people on this NG who use X-Trails
for towing their caravans. Has anyone had the Nissan Birdview navigation
system fitted and what is your opinion of the system, is it any good? does
it talk to you? how easy is it to use, any drawbacks etc?

I have a seperate Tomtom Go in my Nissan Tino, I think it is very good, and
somebody called Jane does the talking.

Please reply to News Group.

Old March 22nd 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:48:55 -0000, "Tom"
wrote:

I understand that there are quite a few people on this NG who use X-Trails
for towing their caravans. Has anyone had the Nissan Birdview navigation
system fitted and what is your opinion of the system, is it any good? does
it talk to you? how easy is it to use, any drawbacks etc?
Regards
Tom

The Gaget Show included it in a review of sat nav systems a couple of
weeks ago. They found the maps to be a couple of years out of date &
no upgrade available.

Lenny

Old March 25th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

We found it very good if rather out of date (map data is dated 2002!). But
our one is going back, it locked up a number of times and this time we can't
get it going again,