Leicester with Campervan

Old March 25th 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sven hansen

Default Leicester with Campervan

Hi...

in May i have to stay for one níght (for a concert) in Leicester with
my Campervan. Is there any safe place for a night near Oxford Street
or in the City. I have not found any Campground in or near the city.

Thanks...Sven
Old March 27th 05, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TMC

"Sven hansen" wrote in message
om...
Hi...

in May i have to stay for one níght (for a concert) in Leicester with
my Campervan. Is there any safe place for a night near Oxford Street
or in the City. I have not found any Campground in or near the city.

Thanks...Sven

Hi Sven

There is nowhere safe to my knowledge in the city centre.

I know of several small sites to the south of the city but they are about 10
miles out 2 are Caravan club CL sites and the other is a farm site all have
fishing lakes so book up at weekends. They are not easy to find unless you
know the area.

Possibly the easiest place to park legally for the night would be the
Motorway services at Leicester Forest East which is about 5 miles from
Oxford Street

Regards

Tony