Castle Donnington

Old March 27th 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barno

Default Castle Donnington

Hi does anybody know of any caravan sites close to Castle Donnington in
Leicstershire please, the closer the better. I have looked in the caravan
club book, I was wondering if anybody knew of any others.
TIA Neil.

Old March 27th 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Barno" wrote in message
Hi does anybody know of any caravan sites close to Castle Donnington in
Leicstershire please, the closer the better. I have looked in the caravan
club book, I was wondering if anybody knew of any others.
TIA Neil.

Neil

Elvaston Castle isn't too far away , a couple or more years ago I attended the
Leicester Hamfest in the autumn , caravans and motor homes were allowed to stop
on site , close to the exhibition hall on the Friday and Saturday night.

There was 2 problems if I remember

1 ) Noise from the East Midlands Airport

2 ) The nearest pub wasn't within walking distance

Regards

DieSea

Old March 27th 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Try Derby there is a site between the M1 and Derby called Elvaston Castle.
It is about five miles from both the M1 and Castle Donington (junction 24).
There is no CC site closer but there may be a couple of CLs. Look under
Derby, South East direction. Remember the Kegworth 737 crash landing on the
side of the motorway? It was heading for Castle Donington airport. Kegworth
is just east of junction 24, Castle Donington is just west.

Cheers, Peter.

Old March 29th 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:15:52 GMT, "kevin murphy"
wrote:

Try Shardlow Marina Caravan Park. Not been there myself but heard good
reports.

And, if I remember correctly, The Malt Shovel alongside the canal
serves excelent beer (Marstons - maybe others) and food.

Phil