Super-pitches

Old August 4th 03, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

Default Super-pitches

Just spent nine days on the CC site at Sheepcote Valley in Brighton. I
jumped at the chance to use one of the available super-pitches because I
have the necessary equipment but have such little use for it because of the
paucity of super-pitches. The extra charge of 1 per night is well worth it
to avoid the hassle of fetching and carrying water - particulary when, like
my wife and I, we fully use all the caravan facilities. (Can't see the point
in trudging off to the shower-block when you have a fully functioning shower
and kitchen sink in the caravan!)
It struck me, however, that very few of the 11 super-pitches were in use. I
can't imagine that the 1 extra per night is a serious deterrent - and that
it's probably more because most caravanners haven't got the equipment to
connect directly to a water supply.
It strikes me that this is something of a Catch-22 situation. The Caravan
Club wont provide more super-pitches because the demand for them is low.
But the demand for them is low because there are presently not enough of
them to justify the expense of buying the necessary equipment to use them!!
I know that many caravanners will argue that filling an aqua-roll and
emptying a waste-master is part of the 'enjoyment' of caravanning -although
these are the same people who also use electric pumps and blown air central
heating! The extra convenience of being hooked up to mains water and main
drainage is marvellous and I just wish the CC would begin a programme of
updating all their sites to include at least half a dozen super pitches. I
have no doubt that demand would increase with availability.

Kev

Old August 4th 03, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sigmund

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
I can't imagine that the 1 extra per night is a serious deterrent - and

that
it's probably more because most caravanners haven't got the equipment to
connect directly to a water supply.
It strikes me that this is something of a Catch-22 situation. The Caravan
Club wont provide more super-pitches because the demand for them is low.
But the demand for them is low because there are presently not enough of
them to justify the expense of buying the necessary equipment to use

them!!

Whenever I've enquired about superpitches the extra cost has been in the
region of 4/5 a night. Maybe most people have that sort of price fixed in
mind and don't bother enquiring any more. I think 1 a night is reasonable
though.

Old August 4th 03, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

Sigmund wrote:
"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
I can't imagine that the 1 extra per night is a serious deterrent -
and that it's probably more because most caravanners haven't got the
equipment to connect directly to a water supply.
It strikes me that this is something of a Catch-22 situation. The
Caravan Club wont provide more super-pitches because the demand for
them is low. But the demand for them is low because there are
presently not enough of them to justify the expense of buying the
necessary equipment to use them!!

Whenever I've enquired about superpitches the extra cost has been in
the region of 4/5 a night. Maybe most people have that sort of
price fixed in mind and don't bother enquiring any more. I think 1
a night is reasonable though.

So far as I am aware, 1 per night is the standard Caravan Club charge for
super-pitches. Whether or not commercial sites charge more I wouldn't know.

Kev

Old August 4th 03, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
[...]

A 1 a night is not bad for a super pitch and I would have no objection to
paying that particularly if it included a TV connection. The real problem
with Caravan Club sites is that all new sites should be constructed with
water avaiable to every pitch and a waste water provision on each pitch,
this is often what is availble in Europe.

David - Milton Keynes
www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk
site reports