which tow bar detachable

Old March 28th 05, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
malcolm

Default which tow bar detachable

Which is the tow bar most suitable for a Audi A4 TDI Avant need a twin
socket and preferable detachable tow hook. I am towing a three year old
french Fluret 45 pop up caravan quite light. . Would like to also purchase
a anti snake device and stabalizer .

I have the 13 pin socket split on to a double adapter, possibly now is the
time to put on to the new car as we will be keeping the audi about three
years.
all advice appreciated

yours malcolm brooke

Old March 29th 05, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:34:34 +0000 (UTC), "malcolm"
wrote:

Which is the tow bar most suitable for a Audi A4 TDI Avant need a twin
socket and preferable detachable tow hook. I am towing a three year old
french Fluret 45 pop up caravan quite light. . Would like to also purchase
a anti snake device and stabalizer .

I have the 13 pin socket split on to a double adapter, possibly now is the
time to put on to the new car as we will be keeping the audi about three
years.
all advice appreciated

I have an Audi A4 saloon fitted with a Witter detachable towbar. My
caravan has an old type hitch that rotates 360 degrees. Firstly a lot
of modern stabilisers aren't compatible with removable towbars and the
other type of stabilisers aren't compatible with hitch attachments
that rotate 360 degrees. Apologies if that is incoherent coz I I am a
little... hic... worse for wear, but be verry careful or you'll finish
up like I did paying through the nose for a top notch towbar that you
can't buy a decent stabiliser for.

....Ludwig

Old March 29th 05, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

malcolm wrote:
Which is the tow bar most suitable for a Audi A4 TDI Avant need a twin
socket and preferable detachable tow hook. I am towing a three year old
french Fluret 45 pop up caravan quite light. . Would like to also purchase
a anti snake device and stabalizer .

I have the 13 pin socket split on to a double adapter, possibly now is the
time to put on to the new car as we will be keeping the audi about three
years.
all advice appreciated

yours malcolm brooke

All towbars must be type approved and fitted to all of the mounting
points on the car so they should be OK from the safety side. Ask your
local towing centre what they can offer.

You are unlikely to need a stabilser with a Fleurette!

Old March 30th 05, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
malcolm

thanks steve ,

I fairness I have towed the Fleurrett for three years with an audi 80 est
with no bad affects it was just an idea but i think now i won,t bother with
a stabalizer, if their is no advantage .

malcolm brooke

"Steve" wrote in message
malcolm wrote:
Which is the tow bar most suitable for a Audi A4 TDI Avant need a twin
socket and preferable detachable tow hook. I am towing a three year old
french Fluret 45 pop up caravan quite light. . Would like to also
purchase
a anti snake device and stabalizer .

I have the 13 pin socket split on to a double adapter, possibly now is
the
time to put on to the new car as we will be keeping the audi about
three
years.
all advice appreciated

yours malcolm brooke

All towbars must be type approved and fitted to all of the mounting points
on the car so they should be OK from the safety side. Ask your local
towing centre what they can offer.

You are unlikely to need a stabilser with a Fleurrett