Anyone know a good site?

Old March 28th 05, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lloyd and Sarah

Default Anyone know a good site?

Hello group, bit of a stupid question but your experience would be most
appreciated by a pair of novice Caravanners!

We are heading off to my parents in Cornwall from Leeds next Thursday and
wish to stop mid journey for a overnight stay (we have a four week old baby
and hence want to break the journey in two).

I was thinking somewhere between Birmingham and Bristol along the the M42/M5
area. Can anyone think of a nice site to use for a night?

Any suggestions most appreciated

Lloyd

Old March 28th 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Lloyd and Sarah composed the following;:
Hello group, bit of a stupid question but your experience would be
most appreciated by a pair of novice Caravanners!

We are heading off to my parents in Cornwall from Leeds next Thursday
and wish to stop mid journey for a overnight stay (we have a four
week old baby and hence want to break the journey in two).

I was thinking somewhere between Birmingham and Bristol along the the
M42/M5 area. Can anyone think of a nice site to use for a night?

Any suggestions most appreciated

Lloyd

There's a Caravan Club site near Malvern that we've used as a stopover
before, which was nice. Don't have many details, other than it's the
Blackmore Caravan Club Site.

I think there is also a Caravan and Camping Club site close by too ..

For a more 'easy' entry and exit from the motorway, we've also stayed at
Strensham services overnight too, and had no problems.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old March 28th 05, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
[...]

Baltic Wharf ( 0117926 8030 ) 15 mins from M5 Junc 18 motorway , follow the signs
for SS Great Britain , its a caravan club site open to all, book before you go

Have a safe trip

Regards ,

DieSea

Old March 28th 05, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lloyd and Sarah

Thanks everyone...I think it might be time that we joined the CC, in all of
your opinion which would you say is the best club to join, this is all a
voyage of discovery for us, but we want to use the van as much as we can
this year

Once again thanks for the advice

Lloyd

Old March 28th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:12:57 GMT, "Lloyd and Sarah"
wrote:

I was thinking somewhere between Birmingham and Bristol along the the M42/M5
area. Can anyone think of a nice site to use for a night?

CC site at Baltic Wharf at Bristol, Tewksbury CC site, . Of these
Tewksbury is the easiest to get to from the M5. It depends on how far
you want to travel, Tewksbury is 161 miles from Leeds center and
Baltic Wharf is 205miles.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old March 28th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:28:09 GMT, "Lloyd and Sarah"
wrote:

Thanks everyone...I think it might be time that we joined the CC, in all of
your opinion which would you say is the best club to join, this is all a
voyage of discovery for us, but we want to use the van as much as we can
this year

Same answer as ever I have been very happy with the CC and never had
any problems with them, I tried the CCC and wasn't as happy so didn't
rejoin. But many people are very happy with the CCC so it's worthwhile
trying both and then choosing. Being a memeber of one is a definite
plus.
The CC have over 200 of their own sites and a network of over 3000
CL's, the CCC have just short of 100 of their own sites and a network
of about 1000 CS's. Both clubs handbooks include some details of
Commercial sites though the CCC has far more of these sites in it's
book than the CC.

(remove the spam to reply)