WANTED - Caravan Mover

Old March 29th 05, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default WANTED - Caravan Mover

I am thinking of buying a caravan mover for my husband for his birthday. I
know abolutely nothing about them but I think the remote control one would
be best for our needs. I thought the jockey wheel type would be difficult
to judge your line of manouvre. It needs to move off main road and about
60' down slope between house and double garage, and possibly later up a
slope onto back garden. 17' van single axle and they (family) can fit.
Do they go up slopes?
Anyway if anyone has one to sell could they please contact me, as there was
nothing on ebay (who I am not sure about) and caravan club magazine locally.
I live in Milton Keynes and could travel 1 hour to collect and we could
disconnect if you were not capable.
Also I would welcome sound advice from anyone who has experience of these
devices.
Liz

Old March 29th 05, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"liz hall" "remove the spam" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Doubt if many want to gives theirs up, as they are such a good idea!!!!! New
prices for the underslug variety are around the 800 - 1000 mark. I
understand that Powertouch sell recondtioned ones so they might be worth
contacting.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old March 29th 05, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Thanks, I have seen some around the 500 mark but they are too far away.
Looks like I will be spending money
Liz

Old March 29th 05, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Old March 30th 05, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Thanks, could you tell me what make yours is please and if you like it
generally. I don't like the idea of my using it myself!
Liz

Old March 30th 05, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall