Towing with an Nissan Xtrail

Old March 29th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sammy Arbuthnot

Default Towing with an Nissan Xtrail

To all who replied to my request on towing with the Xtrail.

I have just returned from the Easter weekend break towing ouir Abbey Vogue
416, and as you all said it towed in 6th gear and the fuel consumption seems
reasonable. Also keeping to the permitted speed was a factor as you all
remarked. I have been towing since 1972 and I can honestly say this is the
best tug so far.

Many thanks to all

Sammy

Old March 29th 05, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Sammy Arbuthnot" wrote in message
To all who replied to my request on towing with the Xtrail.

I have just returned from the Easter weekend break towing ouir Abbey Vogue
416, and as you all said it towed in 6th gear and the fuel consumption

seems
reasonable. Also keeping to the permitted speed was a factor as you all
remarked. I have been towing since 1972 and I can honestly say this is the
best tug so far.

Many thanks to all

Sammy

Glad you liked it. We went for our first tow of the year with ours the week
before Easter.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old March 30th 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken Fraser

"Sammy Arbuthnot" wrote in message
To all who replied to my request on towing with the Xtrail.

I have just returned from the Easter weekend break towing ouir Abbey Vogue
416, and as you all said it towed in 6th gear and the fuel consumption
seems
reasonable. Also keeping to the permitted speed was a factor as you all
remarked. I have been towing since 1972 and I can honestly say this is the
best tug so far.

Many thanks to all

Sammy

I must have missed the earlier thread. Happy with my car for another year
(BMW 320d Touring) but may then plump for X-Trail or the Honda CR-V.
What mpg did you get towing? Saw plenty of them at Cromer CC site, West
Runton, at the weekend, so they must be pretty good.
Regards
Ken

Old April 1st 05, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Krikey

"Ken Fraser" wrote in message ...
What mpg did you get towing? Saw plenty of them at Cromer CC site, West
Runton, at the weekend, so they must be pretty good.

We got about 28mpg towing a 1300kg caravan from Plymouth to London on the M5/M4 yesterday. Was in 6th gear most of the way but dropped to 5th, and occasionally 4th, on the longer hills. Ours is the 2.2 diesel X-Trail, best car we've ever owned. Mpg in all conditions (towing or non-towing) is consistently well above that which we got with our previous car, a 2 litre petrol Vectra.

Old April 1st 05, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Krikey