Winches

Old March 30th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dgethin

Default Winches

I am thinking of having a winch to pull my caravan up a slope to where it
rests.
Is it possible to pull the van from the opposite end of the towing hitch, in
other wards backwards. I have a Freedom Sunseeker

Old March 30th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

"Dgethin" wrote in message
I am thinking of having a winch to pull my caravan up a slope to where it
rests.
Is it possible to pull the van from the opposite end of the towing hitch,
in other wards backwards. I have a Freedom Sunseeker

When I bought a winch a few years back (cannot remember where I got it from,
I think it was an ad in the Caravan Club magazine), there was an accessory
for pulling a caravan backwards. It consisted of two lengths of wire, with
hooks at the end, joined to a ring in the middle. The hooks attached to the
chassis by the rear steadies, and the winch attached to the central ring.
There was also a bar that braced the two rear chassis arms to prevent any
stress from pulling them together and thus distorting them. In essence, this
is what you need.

Peter

Old April 1st 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dgethin

After I posted this question, I have had a look under the back of the van
and noticed two pulling points welded on either side of the chassis at the
back. I presume these are for pulling the caravan backwards.
I have sent a email to the Freedom agents to see what they say, up till now
I have not heard anything.