Newbie question

Old March 31st 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Default Newbie question

Hi
I'm thinking of buying a caravan privately soon and was wondering is there's
anything available similar to a HPi check on cars, that can check if there's
any outstanding fianance on a caravan?

Also, if there's not one on there, I'd like to get an Al-ko stabiliser. Are
they any good? And can a hitchlock be used with them as they look quite
bulky?

TIA
Steve

Old March 31st 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bryan Bellis

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:29:28 +0100, "Steve"
swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote:

Hi
I'm thinking of buying a caravan privately soon and was wondering is there's
anything available similar to a HPi check on cars, that can check if there's
any outstanding fianance on a caravan?

Also, if there's not one on there, I'd like to get an Al-ko stabiliser. Are
they any good? And can a hitchlock be used with them as they look quite
bulky?

Yes re hitchlock. See alco web site
http://217.199.186.71/shop/acatalog/...Head_Accs.html

item 249818 - Security Device (for AK 160) at 75 but it does depend
on which alco you have.

--
Bryan Bellis.
Don't hit REPLY to email me, my spam trap will

http://www.pcdr.co.uk/taxmaster

To email me, go to this web page link:
http://www.pcdr.co.uk/spam/antispam.html

Old March 31st 05, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

"Steve" swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote in message
Hi
I'm thinking of buying a caravan privately soon and was wondering is

there's
anything available similar to a HPi check on cars, that can check if

there's
any outstanding fianance on a caravan?

Yes, HPi check needs the CRiS (full 17 digit chassis number) rather than the
regsitration number.

Also, if there's not one on there, I'd like to get an Al-ko stabiliser.

Are
they any good? And can a hitchlock be used with them as they look quite
bulky?

Yup, bulky and expensive, but good. There is a dedicated hitchlock that can
be used to lock the van to the car. Best buy at the moment is to get the
'triple kit, which includes the hitchlock, towball and stabiliser.

Cheers

Old April 5th 05, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
billy whizz

David @ Home wrote:
"Steve" swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote in message

Hi
I'm thinking of buying a caravan privately soon and was wondering is

there's

anything available similar to a HPi check on cars, that can check if

there's

any outstanding fianance on a caravan?

Yes, HPi check needs the CRiS (full 17 digit chassis number) rather than the
regsitration number.

David

Just bought our first 'van today, I rang CRIS (01722411430) and had the
'van checked out. You give them the CRIS number from the van they take
9.95 via debit card and give you a description of the 'van, check the
current owners details, and if you are lucky, as we were, they give the
'van the all clear as regards theft and HPi check; they also post
written confirmation to you too. Oh and their hours are 08:00 to 20:00,
not sure about weekends though.

Jim.