mobile internet

« - | - »

Old August 4th 03, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Default mobile internet

nigell tried to scribble ...

Does anyone access the internet from their caravan? if so how?

thanks

Laptop and mobile phone .. costs a lot, but often worth it ..

--
.............................Paul - xxx
http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

Old August 4th 03, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ophelia

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
nigell tried to scribble ...

Does anyone access the internet from their caravan? if so how?

thanks

Laptop and mobile phone .. costs a lot, but often worth it ..

It hasn't cost me anything so far. The calls use up my free minutes

Ophelia

Old August 4th 03, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

nigell tried to scribble ...

does it work in france?

It did last time I used it .. St Tropez to Hemel Hempstead using Lotus Notes
etc etc ..

Excellent for e-mail, not too good for surfing unless you use something like
Opera with no pictures etc. I guess IE can surf that way too ..

Pics of the set-up I had here .. the question has been asked before ..

http://groups.msn.com/losipaulspictu...oto&PhotoID=86

I now use a Sony Vaio and it works just as well as the Dell did ..

The Nokia was (is) on an Orange tariff and is extremely good as it has it's
own built-in modem. I have no clue if 'cheaper' phones would work as well
as this.

--
.............................Paul - xxx
http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

Old August 4th 03, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Pete tried to scribble ...

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
nigell tried to scribble ...

does it work in france?

It did last time I used it .. St Tropez to Hemel Hempstead using
Lotus

Notes
etc etc ..

Excellent for e-mail, not too good for surfing unless you use
something

like
Opera with no pictures etc. I guess IE can surf that way too ..

Pics of the set-up I had here .. the question has been asked before
..

http://groups.msn.com/losipaulspictu...oto&PhotoID=86

Are you using this on a voice tariff at 9600 bps?
Did you consider a data tariff using GPRS or HSCDS?

Company mobile and laptop, company problem .. Honestly I don't rightly
know. I simply called the Orange help line, asked them to setup the modem
for data linking, and bob was my uncle .. I wouldn't have a clue, or a
care, as to what it costs, I don't pay for it.

I'm currently trying to get myself set up to work from the van and am
getting thoroughly confused by the different technologies, tariffs and
operators. As far as I can see, the Data 5 GPRS tariff from O2 seems
offer one of the lowest cost's per Mbyte and has the advantage of
being
always on and metered by volume rather than time - anyone have any
experience of this type of connection?

Sorry, I have no idea of this, but I may soon be going this route myself as
it appears I don't work for the company now .. Frankly I was so pleased with
the Nokia / Orange setup I wil go for that for now, so long as I can get an
option to change if I'm not happy ..

--
.............................Paul - xxx
http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

Old August 12th 03, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

I have jut returned from France, using my laptop for both email and surfing.
Have a Nokia 3650 connected to laptop with Bluetooth.
I am with Vodafone and use GPRS to connect. I France, had to connect to SFR
to use standard Vodafone settings
but special deal at the moment means that connection is 60% off for data
when outside of the UK when using
Vodafone partners (see
http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cgi-bin/CO...cegjdgnfdffm.0)

Peter