weighing a trailer

Old April 1st 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
R. Murphy

Default weighing a trailer

I want to check the weight of my trailer, bought s/h a while ago. It's quite
a heavyweight!

So to make sure I am not breaking the law, what I'd like to do is weight it.

Anyone know where I can do this, Birmingham area?

Old April 1st 05, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"R. Murphy" wrote in message
I want to check the weight of my trailer, bought s/h a while ago. It's
quite a heavyweight!

So to make sure I am not breaking the law, what I'd like to do is weight
it.

Anyone know where I can do this, Birmingham area?

Trading Standards will tell you location of nearest public weighbridge, or
try a scrapyard (watch out for loose nails)
DaveK.

Old April 1st 05, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:31:53 +0100, "R. Murphy"
wrote:

| I want to check the weight of my trailer, bought s/h a while ago. It's quite
| a heavyweight!
|
| So to make sure I am not breaking the law, what I'd like to do is weight it.

Search for "Public Weigh bridge".
They are not uncommon.

--
Dave F
Flight is right
Old April 1st 05, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 1st 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"davek" wrote in message

I want to check the weight of my trailer, bought s/h a while ago. It's
quite a heavyweight!

So to make sure I am not breaking the law, what I'd like to do is weight
it.

Anyone know where I can do this, Birmingham area?

Trading Standards will tell you location of nearest public weighbridge, or
try a scrapyard (watch out for loose nails)

Scrapyards are what we use, our local one is very clean and tidy - I think
they have to be - and the owner doesn't charge. He's very helpful.

Mary

DaveK.