Help unsticking windows.

Old August 4th 03, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mel Potter

Default Help unsticking windows.

I expect this is an old request but can anybody suggest anything for
unsticking the van windows (apart from remembering the Vaseline when I close
it for the winter :-) . Ah the joys of age. My mind has gone but I think
I've got it backed up up disk somewhere (probably a 1.44 Mb floppy)

Cheers Mel

Old August 4th 03, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BM

"Mel Potter" wrote in message
I expect this is an old request but can anybody suggest anything for
unsticking the van windows (apart from remembering the Vaseline when I

close
it for the winter :-) . Ah the joys of age. My mind has gone but I think
I've got it backed up up disk somewhere (probably a 1.44 Mb floppy)

Cheers Mel

I too used to use vaseline, until it was pointed out to me that it would in
fact destroy rubber seals (petroleum jelly)...better with some Talc...or
maybe even silicone spray on a cloth and apply with that..

BM.

Old August 6th 03, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mel Potter

I agree usually a good thump does do it but these seem to resist all
attempts at thumps and I'm worried I'll break them if I hit any harder.

Whta is the problem, a good thump soon releases any stuck window
it happens every time mine are closed

Old August 6th 03, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sigmund

"Mel Potter" wrote in message
I agree usually a good thump does do it but these seem to resist all
attempts at thumps and I'm worried I'll break them if I hit any harder.

Try using the back of a cutlery knife or some other thin, but blunt edged,
tool.. Once it's separated one bit you can gradually work round, giving
slight twists of the knife to help things along.