Caravan advice

Old April 2nd 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default Caravan advice

We are thinking of looking at a Swift Archwell Bramwell caravan with awning,
according to owners they bought it new in 1999 from White Arches for
14,500. They do not own a towcar so had it towed to seasonal site and used
a few times each year, returned in winter to local farm. I am not sure of
layout but has end bathroom which we have to have with grandchildren for
privacy. The price asked 6,300. Could anyone offer any advice of this
model before we go to see it.
My husband know what to look on the actual van, and has damp meter anyway
(he sells them).
Liz

Old April 2nd 05, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Hi,
Sorry do not know the model in question.
Would think the tyres will need replacing and the wheel bearings might need
attention too. This due to lack of use and being stood in same spot for long
periods.

Please reply to News Group.

Old April 2nd 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"liz hall" "remove the spam" wrote in
message ...
We are thinking of looking at a Swift Archwell Bramwell caravan with

awning,
according to owners they bought it new in 1999 from White Arches for
14,500. They do not own a towcar so had it towed to seasonal site and

used
a few times each year, returned in winter to local farm. I am not sure of
layout but has end bathroom which we have to have with grandchildren for
privacy. The price asked 6,300. Could anyone offer any advice of this
model before we go to see it.
My husband know what to look on the actual van, and has damp meter anyway
(he sells them).

Liz

The Bramwell is a Swift special edition made for White Arches so that part
seems to add up. I am not sure about the original price which at 14500 for
the age seems quite a lot, unless of course they are including all the
extras like the awning in their calculation. As the other David has said
that more than certainly it will need a new set of tyres and that should be
the first priority if you buy this van. If its been store in a farm make
sure there is no evidence of rodent damage. You obviously need to look at
the van. I expect you could get that price a bit lower.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old April 2nd 05, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Thanks, it was immaculate and I made them an offer and they accepted. They
threw in new Bradcot porch and full awning and all the camping equipment
including television etc. Savings will pay for motor mover. It is such a
pity when a couple go out and sets themselves up for caravanning and then
the husband hates towing, the wife was in tears but pleased it went to a
very good new home. The barn was fully carpeted by the way!
Liz

Old April 3rd 05, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 14:58:02 +0100, "liz hall" "remove the spam"
wrote:

Could anyone offer any advice of this
model before we go to see it.

Hi Liz