European Insurance Cover

Old April 5th 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barsar

Default European Insurance Cover

My problem is this, I am taking the van to Germany in June. I have
annual multi trip personal insurance, my car is leased and comes with
insurance including European cover. The only thing which is not
covered is the caravan. However, Red Pennant will only insure that car
and the caravan, not the caravan on its own. All I really need is
insurance for the recovery of the caravan in the event of a mishap.

After doing some homework it appears that ‘Caravan Guard' cover
includes up to 90 days in Europe including recovery. The cost of cover
is more than £100 cheaper then the Caravan Club 5 C's policy. Plus I
also save £88 on Red Pennant. It seems like a ‘no brainer' – unless
anyone has any better ideas or negative experiences of 'Caravan
Guard'.

Comments welcome.

Barry
Old April 12th 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On 5 Apr 2005 09:10:36 -0700, (Barsar)
wrote:

My problem is this, I am taking the van to Germany in June. I have
annual multi trip personal insurance, my car is leased and comes with
insurance including European cover. The only thing which is not
covered is the caravan. However, Red Pennant will only insure that car
and the caravan, not the caravan on its own. All I really need is
insurance for the recovery of the caravan in the event of a mishap.

After doing some homework it appears that ‘Caravan Guard' cover
includes up to 90 days in Europe including recovery. The cost of cover
is more than £100 cheaper then the Caravan Club 5 C's policy. Plus I
also save £88 on Red Pennant. It seems like a ‘no brainer' – unless
anyone has any better ideas or negative experiences of 'Caravan
Guard'.

Comments welcome.

Barry

Have you contacted the company that covers the car, I extended the
cover on my Sedona to cover the caravan for an extra £35 per year.

I think it is essential that both the van & car are covered by the
same company, it not & you need recovery on the car they will not be
under any obligation to take van and will probably turn up with a
recovery vehicle not capable of taking the van as well. The same would
apply with the van either way one will be left at the roadside.

Last year we unfortunately had to be recover in France & it took over
1½ hours for them to find a company willing to take car & van, it does
not mater which company you are covered buy as they all put the
initial recovery out to a local company & the smaller ones are not
always equipped to take a van as well.

Lenny

Old April 13th 05, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les

the CC red pennant don't go looking around for a local company they send
people out from UK. the service is 110% perfect. believe me I know from
experience
not the cheapest but by far the best on the planet
les
"appy "vanin

Old April 13th 05, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barsar

Lenny,

Thanks for the reply. I did try and extend the existing car policy to
cover the van but the company wouldn't do it.

Barry