picnic table

Old April 5th 05, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
homerh

Default picnic table

Hi all can anybody give some info on the best type and size for a folding
picnic table to be used in the awning.

TIA

Homer.

Old April 5th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:48:41 GMT, "homerh"
wrote:

Hi all can anybody give some info on the best type and size for a folding
picnic table to be used in the awning.

We have always used the stand alone table out of the caravan.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old April 5th 05, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"homerh" wrote in message
Hi all can anybody give some info on the best type and size for a folding
picnic table to be used in the awning.

TIA

Homer.

We use an aluminium table with a roll-up slatted top and folding base. It
seats four but we have had eight friendly and not very comfortable people
round it :-)

Those at the ends can't get their legs under.

It cleans easily and takes up very little space when not in use.

Mary

Old April 5th 05, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SandS

"homerh" wrote in message
Hi all can anybody give some info on the best type and size for
a folding picnic table to be used in the awning.

TIA

Homer.

I use one of those blue foldout ones with 4 seats build in. Very
compact, light weight Aluminium and plastic, easy to set up and
cheap (about 18 from towsure) . Unfortunately it doesn't seem to
be wearing very well as it has had several small bolts needed
replacing after only a couple of weeks use. Also doesn't have
much elbow room if you sit 2 adults side by side, and tends to
flex quite a bit on uneven ground.

Still, does the job, cheap and chearful !

Old April 6th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Edwards

I use one of those blue foldout ones with 4 seats build in. Very
compact, light weight Aluminium and plastic, easy to set up and
cheap (about 18 from towsure) . Unfortunately it doesn't seem to
be wearing very well as it has had several small bolts needed
replacing after only a couple of weeks use. Also doesn't have
much elbow room if you sit 2 adults side by side, and tends to
flex quite a bit on uneven ground.

Still, does the job, cheap and chearful !

I have 2 green ones. I carry a supply of spare bolts & nuts. One has
broken a strut, so I'll be getting another and keeping the sick one for
spares.