Isle of Mull - sites

Old April 6th 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

Default Isle of Mull - sites

Found two on the web, anyone any experience of Mull want to recommend
a site ??

Don't want, or need, much morte than a CL really, but would prefer
hookup & waste disposal facilities...

Cheers 'n' Beers
Old April 6th 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Nigel Crompton" nigel&[email protected] wrote in message
Found two on the web, anyone any experience of Mull want to recommend
a site ??

Don't want, or need, much morte than a CL really, but would prefer
hookup & waste disposal facilities...

I'd like to know what you find.

Mary

Cheers 'n' Beers

Old April 6th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Nigel Crompton" nigel&[email protected] wrote in message
Found two on the web, anyone any experience of Mull want to recommend
a site ??

Don't want, or need, much morte than a CL really, but would prefer
hookup & waste disposal facilities...

Way back we went to Mull and the site was at Fionphort, which is where the
Ferry goes from to Iona. All I can remember was we turned left (south west
wards) at the beginning of the village and it was a sheep farm. The site
was right on the seaside and my caravan was only about 20 feet from the sea.
It was opposite a very small island which the people who lived there used a
rowing boat each morning/evening to transport children over for school.
Think the people would be classed as New Age in todays terms. Believe in
the past a famous auther had written a famous book there, Kidnapped rings a
bell.
It was basic just a water tap and toilet disposal.
Great site. Many people had inflateable boats and fishing, the fish were
jumping out of the water so it seemed.
We were there in August and had mixed weather, the lady running post office
advised us next time to come a couple of months earlier, and something about
the heather.

Please reply to News Group.

Old April 17th 05, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

Would any Camping and Caravanning Club member reading this kidly have
a dekko at their site guide and let me if there are any sites listed
for the Isle of Mull? Particularly CL type....

Cheers 'n' Beers

Old April 17th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Nigel Crompton" nigel&[email protected] wrote in message
Found two on the web, anyone any experience of Mull want to recommend
a site ??

Don't want, or need, much morte than a CL really, but would prefer
hookup & waste disposal facilities...

I'd like to know what you find.

Mary

Cheers 'n' Beers

Nearest on my autoroute with both clubs. No site shown on the Ilse of Mull

Mrs G M Duncan, Langal, Acharacle, Argyll, Lochaber, Highlands PH36 4JX,
Site on remote spot on shores of Loch Shiel. Rowing boats with or without
outboard for hire. Sheep area. WC, water at house 200yds. Own san advisable,
limited chem waste disp fac. 1 acre, level. Apr-Oct. D. [tel: 01967 431229]