Which Club?

Old August 4th 03, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris Heaton

Default Which Club?

New to caravaning and about to go on our first holiday. I thought it would
cost about 4.00 per night for sites with toilets but from checking the net
it seems to be about 13 for a family (two adults, two children 9 & 4).

My main question is which club (if any) is best; is it the Caravan Club or
The Camping and Caravan Club?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Old August 4th 03, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:34:59 +0100, "Chris Heaton"
wrote:

New to caravaning and about to go on our first holiday. I thought it would
cost about 4.00 per night for sites with toilets but from checking the net
it seems to be about 13 for a family (two adults, two children 9 & 4).

My main question is which club (if any) is best; is it the Caravan Club or
The Camping and Caravan Club?

The CC was my choice when I started 13 years ago and I've never
regretted it or had a problem with the club, I joined the CCC this
year and have used their sites but have mixed feeings about it, their
members on the other hand are just as brilliant as the CC members. Of
the six sites I have been on only one came even close to what I have
come to expect from the CC and the rules and regulations and the way
that the wardens ( sorry holiday site managers ) apply them just
aggravate me. So I can but recommend the CC where you will find superb
sites in pleasant locations and a warm welcome form everyone
guaranteed.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old August 5th 03, 04:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

"Chris Heaton" wrote in message
New to caravaning and about to go on our first holiday. I thought it would
cost about 4.00 per night for sites with toilets but from checking the

net
it seems to be about 13 for a family (two adults, two children 9 & 4).

My main question is which club (if any) is best; is it the Caravan Club or
The Camping and Caravan Club?

Thanks in advance
Chris

The CC produces a very good European guides, but CCC's monthly magazine is
streets better and its UK sites book more informative and helpfully
arranged.

Management at the clubs' own sites tends to vary and personally I think Bill
has been unlucky. I suspect Peter Lander has it about right when he says it
depends to which club you are used.

I have been a holiday camper/caravanner for nearly thirty years and a
member of the CCC for 25. I recently joined the CC so my opinion is as
biased perhaps as much as Bill's.

Old August 5th 03, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HarryBurr1

In article , "Chris Heaton"
writes:

My main question is which club (if any) is best; is it the Caravan Club or
The Camping and Caravan Club?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Chris
I have been a member of the CC since 1986 and have used their facilities, ie:
sites, cl's, foriegn touring, insurance and breakdown, without fault.
Your question gets asked many times and as you will see from the replies to
your post there are pros and cons for each club. Look at their web sites and
see what services they offer and then why don't you pay a visit to one or two
sites near to you and look for yourself, talk to the wardens the members and
look at the facilities. The other solution is to join both clubs it gives you
another bite at the cherry if a chosen site is full.
By the way it is still possible to pitch for about 4 or 5 pounds a night if you
use either of the clubs cl's/cs's staying on a farm instead of a site. But the
facilities won't be to as high a standard.
Which ever you choose, enjoy it.

harryB
Old August 5th 03, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Raymond Hopkins

If your caravan is equipt with a toilet why dont you use either of the
clubs 5 van site networks, if you want cheap camping with stacks of
choice all over the country, if you want facilities then you hvae to be
prepared to pay for them, and with facilities come crowds, noise, and
there dissapears al the pleasure in caravanning.
Ray