Roadstar CTV-1020 fuse?

Old August 5th 03, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frank Weaver

Default Roadstar CTV-1020 fuse?

Hi
We've recently bought Roadstar CTV-1020 which works fine with 240v.
We had a problem with the 12v cigarette lighter attachment where the
fuse kept blowing.
It was supplied with a 4amp fuse & apparently they only draw 3.5amp.
I spoke to Roadstar & they said use a 5amp fuse. This now works but
the fuse gets hot - does this indicate a problem with either the TV or
the 12v supply?

thanks
Frank
Old August 5th 03, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

Frank Weaver wrote in message
om...
Hi
We've recently bought Roadstar CTV-1020 which works fine with 240v.
We had a problem with the 12v cigarette lighter attachment where the
fuse kept blowing.
It was supplied with a 4amp fuse & apparently they only draw 3.5amp.
I spoke to Roadstar & they said use a 5amp fuse. This now works but
the fuse gets hot - does this indicate a problem with either the TV or
the 12v supply?

Probably the TV as the power supply is providing sufficient current to heat
up the fuse.

Bill