Foreign Caravans

Old April 9th 05, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim Hough

Default Foreign Caravans

Please help. I am considering buying a foreign caravan, undoubtedly second
hand during my holiday in France this summer and leaving the van on site. I
have got a very good storage deal for undercover during the winter. This
will mean I can visit without having to tow the current van from Shropshire
to the Bordeaux area, extra fuel and shipping charge!
I want a fixed bed model but with bathroom+cooking+fridge but not bothered
about fancy heating and masses of storage. There are only two of us.

I am totally clueless about foreign makes and would welcome the wisdom of
all those on the newsgroup.

Also I suppose it is simplest to buy with Visa? ( I am sure most know that
the Nationwide Cash Reward Visa Card does NOT make any charge for purchases
abroad unlike the 2.5% on every purchase that most make!)

Many thanks in anticipation of your considered wisdom

Old April 9th 05, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Jim Hough wrote:
Please help. I am considering buying a foreign caravan, undoubtedly second
hand during my holiday in France this summer and leaving the van on site. I
have got a very good storage deal for undercover during the winter. This
will mean I can visit without having to tow the current van from Shropshire
to the Bordeaux area, extra fuel and shipping charge!
I want a fixed bed model but with bathroom+cooking+fridge but not bothered
about fancy heating and masses of storage. There are only two of us.

I am totally clueless about foreign makes and would welcome the wisdom of
all those on the newsgroup.

Also I suppose it is simplest to buy with Visa? ( I am sure most know that
the Nationwide Cash Reward Visa Card does NOT make any charge for purchases
abroad unlike the 2.5% on every purchase that most make!)

Many thanks in anticipation of your considered wisdom

Jim
You will find 2nd hand caravans surprisingly expensive in France, the
only advantage being that you get a better price back.
John