What Towbar Brand?

Old April 10th 05, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Default What Towbar Brand?

I'm after a removable towbar for a VW Touran - I have been offered
Bosul, Brink, PCT and Witter.

Is there any benefit to using any of these brands?
Anyone know the OEM brand that VW use?

We tow a folding camper so we don't need a stabiliser.

Thanks.
Old April 11th 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Big Ron

Since they've all got to be Type approved these days and you're hardly
going to stress it with a folding camper, why not go for the cheapest
one?

Old April 11th 05, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Big Ron" wrote in message
ups.com...
Since they've all got to be Type approved these days and you're hardly
going to stress it with a folding camper, why not go for the cheapest
one?

My fitter offered 2 makes for my Nissan, I asked which was best the cheap
one would get rusty quicker I was told.
I would suggest anyone fitting thier own to paint it prior to fitting.
If fitted by a fitter then paint the parts you can see, as I have done, even
though I did have the dearer of the 2 fitted.
By the way go direct to the fitter that the dealers in your area use. A
lot, lot cheaper.

Please reply to News Group.

Old April 11th 05, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
billy whizz

We have just priced up for our new Renault Scenic, standard ball with
twin electrics:

Renault Dealer (type unknown) 410

Towbars & Trailers (witter) 370

Towsure (their own) 300

Jim
North Derbyshire

Old April 12th 05, 06:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"billy whizz" wrote in message
We have just priced up for our new Renault Scenic, standard ball with
twin electrics:

Renault Dealer (type unknown) 410

Towbars & Trailers (witter) 370

Towsure (their own) 300

Nissan dealer was well over 400 and then VAT to be added.
Local trade dealer, who does all the Main dealers work for them.
With a Towsure 142+vat
With what I choose, Witter 159+vat.
Which would have been used if I given to dealer is not known.
It sad how much the dealers add as a handling charge.

Please reply to News Group.

Old April 12th 05, 06:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:51:04 GMT, "David" wrote:

| It sad how much the dealers add as a handling charge.

My dealer said "Go to ???? ???? down the road. We use them, and add 10%
handling charge" So I went there and saved the handling charge. :-)
--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right