Power Movers

Old April 11th 05, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frosty

Default Power Movers

Hi all,
After two trial weekends we have now decided to return to 'vanning and buy
our own. However, as I am on sticks a power mover seems to be a good idea.
Anyone any opinions/experience of the three main contenders? From what I
gather so far the Reich seems a better option as it comes with a soft start
two pressure button feature. (apparently!) A dealer I spoke to strongly
recommended it too, but being a cynic, was it just because he got a better
margin on them rather than Truma or Powertouch.

Interested to hear of any personal experiences.
--
Best Regards,
Bill Frost.

Old April 11th 05, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

"Frosty" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi all,
After two trial weekends we have now decided to return to 'vanning and buy
our own. However, as I am on sticks a power mover seems to be a good idea.
Anyone any opinions/experience of the three main contenders? From what I
gather so far the Reich seems a better option as it comes with a soft

start
two pressure button feature. (apparently!) A dealer I spoke to strongly
recommended it too, but being a cynic, was it just because he got a better
margin on them rather than Truma or Powertouch.

Interested to hear of any personal experiences.
--
Best Regards,
Bill Frost.
Liverpool. UK

I have a Reich Mover which is absolutely great. I would not be able to go
Caravaning without it. Only one downside - will not go in a continual
straight line. Do not know if this applies to other movers. As I said will
not do without it.

Old April 11th 05, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"etomd" wrote in message

Only one downside - will not go in a continual
straight line. Do not know if this applies to other movers.

Maybe it is closer to one tyre than the other thus putting more pressure on
one side.

Please reply to News Group.

Old April 11th 05, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Frosty" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi all,
After two trial weekends we have now decided to return to 'vanning and buy
our own. However, as I am on sticks a power mover seems to be a good idea.
Anyone any opinions/experience of the three main contenders? From what I
gather so far the Reich seems a better option as it comes with a soft

start
two pressure button feature. (apparently!) A dealer I spoke to strongly
recommended it too, but being a cynic, was it just because he got a better
margin on them rather than Truma or Powertouch.

Interested to hear of any personal experiences.
--

My Reich was supplied and fitted by Happe, they come to your home, gave me
best price as well. Got delux model for basic model price, and their basix

Please reply to News Group.

Old April 11th 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frosty

My Reich was supplied and fitted by Happe, they come to your home, gave me
best price as well. Got delux model for basic model price, and their
basix
price was competive too.

Cheers,
Do you have any contact details?

--
Best Regards,
Bill Frost.

Old April 11th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

We also are looking at a power mover for our caravan, and fortunately for us
we have just sold our caravan last week to a caravan mechanic who told us
the Reich was the best if you had to go up any kind of incline. The prices
seem very general, there is no one giving a big discounts.
Liz