Cheap Sites Near Train Stations In/Near East Midlands

Old April 15th 05, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Wayne

Default Cheap Sites Near Train Stations In/Near East Midlands

Hello everyone,

I'm new to caravanning, i've just bought my first caravan off ebay
recently!!!
Unfortunately i do not own a car. I have occasional use of a car if i
need to tow the caravan anywhere, but i really need to find a site
where i can store the caravan there permanently in order to make use
of it :-(.

I live in Nottingham in the East Midlands and, being a poor student
it's really important that i find a site that does not break the bank.
I don't mind roughing it or having no amenaties. A farmer who simply
owns a field who lets people camp there type thing is fine by me. I
love to spend time away in the caravan but with transport and
financial constraints i'm sure you can appreciate that it is not easy.

In summary, does anyone know of a basic site that:
- I can leave the caravan there all year round without breaking the
bank (say 2 per night ish)
- Is cheap
- Is easy to get to on public transport
- Is in the midlands (or even north/west yorkshire is i intend to
move there in a few months).

Many thanks for your time everyone,

Take care,

John.