Caravan valuations

Old April 15th 05, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

Default Caravan valuations

All of us, once a year, require to know the value of our caravans for
insurance purposes. Wouldn't you have thought that someone, somewhere, would
create a web-site where this simple information could be browsed? Yes, I
know that the Caravan Club will provide a valuation - but they charge for it
and I for one believe that this is a service they could provide foc for
members.

Kev

Old April 15th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Saunders

I wonder how many people though, just re-new their insurance without a
revaluation.
When mine came up for renewal (with the caravan club), I phoned them and
asked for them to renew it at the current value which they did. (Reduced the
premium by 50). If you had a claim you'd still only get market value.

Old April 15th 05, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:01:36 +0100, "Paul Saunders"
wrote:

| I wonder how many people though, just re-new their insurance without a
| revaluation.
| When mine came up for renewal (with the caravan club), I phoned them and
| asked for them to renew it at the current value which they did. (Reduced the
| premium by 50). If you had a claim you'd still only get market value.

Unless you have the new for old cover with CCC.

--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right
Old April 15th 05, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 15th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Saunders

Yes, Mine had new for old cover till the van was 3 years old so I had kept
the premiums the same for that period. It was on the last renewal that I
insured the van at it's current valuation.

Old April 15th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Saunders

Old April 15th 05, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:28:36 +0100, "Paul Saunders"
wrote:

| Yes, Mine had new for old cover till the van was 3 years old so I had kept
| the premiums the same for that period. It was on the last renewal that I
| insured the van at it's current valuation.
| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:01:36 +0100, "Paul Saunders"
| wrote:
|
| | I wonder how many people though, just re-new their insurance without a
| | revaluation.
| | When mine came up for renewal (with the caravan club), I phoned them and
| | asked for them to renew it at the current value which they did. (Reduced
| the
| | premium by 50). If you had a claim you'd still only get market value.
|
| Unless you have the new for old cover with CCC.

Mine is now out of its ??? years new for old, so I must remember to reduce
the valuation next year.

--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right
Old April 15th 05, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 15th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:08:03 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

Unless you have the new for old cover with CCC.

Or with the CC up to 10 years old, or with saga up to 5 years old or
with .................. to whatever age they choose to accept new for
old cover till.

(remove the spam to reply)