Newbie questions

Old April 15th 05, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Default Newbie questions

Hi
I've recently bought an Elddis Hurricane which weights approx 1350 kgs. I
want to buy an Al-ko stabiliser and rang my local accessory shop to see if
they had any in stock. The only one they had was the triple 3004 pack. I was
wondering wether this one may be too big for what I want, should I go for a
lighter version?

Also, this may seem like a stupid question, but when levelling the caravan
using levelling blocks, are they supposed to be hammered under the wheel, or
placed on the ground and push/pull the caravan upon to them?

TIA
Steve

Old April 15th 05, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:29:33 +0100, "Steve"
swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote:

Also, this may seem like a stupid question, but when levelling the caravan
using levelling blocks, are they supposed to be hammered under the wheel, or
placed on the ground and push/pull the caravan upon to them?

Site the van by either reversing onto the pitch or driving through the
pitch, then before unhooking check level side to side, if levelling
blocks are needed put them in front of the wheel and tow the caravan
up onto your blocks. It's easy, takes seconds. Manhabdling a caravan
is a mugs game and should not be necessary.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old April 16th 05, 05:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Oh no not HIM

Before you buy the Alko check to see if it will fit, Elddis are not usually
built on Alko chassis, I have tried to get one for mine but it has got an
BPW chassis, better still, make sure it is within limits and packed right
and you wont need one

Old April 16th 05, 06:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:46:53 +0100, bill lord wrote:

| Manhabdling a caravan
| is a mugs game and should not be necessary.

Depends on the size of your van. If you have a 30ft monster this is
probably true. If you have a van which you can manhandle with ease, no
problem.

--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right
Old April 16th 05, 06:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 16th 05, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

I've checked the caravan manual and it says it has a BPW chassis, I've also
just came back from the caravan shop and they're selling the Alko 3004
triple pack for 235. They also said the Alko will fit any chassis.
I didn't get one until I've checked further

Steve

. uk...

Old April 16th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"Steve" swr1953(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote in message
I've checked the caravan manual and it says it has a BPW chassis, I've

also
just came back from the caravan shop and they're selling the Alko 3004
triple pack for 235. They also said the Alko will fit any chassis.
I didn't get one until I've checked further

Steve

Our Compass Corona is the equivalent of the Elddis Avante and also has a BPW
chassis. It came with the Winterhoff stabiliser as standard equipment. I
think Explorer Group don't use Alko at all, though I don't know if there is
any reason why you shouldn't use it.

Neb