favorite meal

Old April 18th 05, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Thomson

Default favorite meal

When caravanning my wife and I are sometimes stuck for ideas of what to cook
for our main meal of the day, We always try to think of something quick to
microwave or stick in the oven like a pie of some sort, nine times out of
ten we end up with a salad and cold meat, as heathy as salad is we are
looking for any other ideas anyone may have, what do caravanners like to
prepare quickly and what's your favorite meals, any recipes would be
welcome.

Alex

Old April 18th 05, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:50:26 +0100, "Alex Thomson"
wrote:

| When caravanning my wife and I are sometimes stuck for ideas of what to cook
| for our main meal of the day, We always try to think of something quick to
| microwave or stick in the oven like a pie of some sort, nine times out of
| ten we end up with a salad and cold meat, as heathy as salad is we are
| looking for any other ideas anyone may have, what do caravanners like to
| prepare quickly and what's your favorite meals, any recipes would be
| welcome.

Hardly a favourite, but a lifesaver at times. If time is *very* short we
make an "instant stew". 1 tin stewed steak, 1 tin vegetables, one tin new
potatoes *without* mint. Put into a pan and heat up. Generally we eat
much as we do at home.

--
Dave F
Howard Flight was right
Old April 18th 05, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 18th 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

One of the things we have found to bee good is Morrisons Tinned Stew and
Dumplings (Better buy)served with instant mash and crusty bread. Asda used
to do one which was better but they stopped doing it. We also cook our own
curry at home freez it and then defrost it in the caravan fridge it will
take a few days to defrost and will last quite well.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old April 18th 05, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Willdigg

Dont know where you do your caravanning but if available a ready cooked
chicken cold with chips (oven or bought ready) is a good fall back, BBQ
whenever possible smelly fish or steak chops sausages. If on the move we try
to get something simple like a pizza or quiche.
Dave

Old April 18th 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil Cairns

wrote:

When caravanning my wife and I are sometimes stuck for ideas of what to cook
for our main meal of the day, We always try to think of something quick to
microwave or stick in the oven like a pie of some sort, nine times out of
ten we end up with a salad and cold meat, as heathy as salad is we are
looking for any other ideas anyone may have, what do caravanners like to
prepare quickly and what's your favorite meals, any recipes would be
welcome.

Alex

Buy a slow cooker, it's great for stews and ours is ready to serve
when we gwt back fron a day out.
Its just a matter of making the Yorkshire puddings, opening a tin
of fruit and opening a bottle of wine.
Beautiful.
Menue 2. Steak and Ale Pie new potatoes two veg
Apple pie and ice cream

Menue 3. Chicken Breast slice a pocket in each slice of cheese in slit
wrap with bacon.
parboiled potatoes, can be done erlyier bounce them in the pan to
break up the outsides put chicken and potatoes on a baking sheet
middle shelf gas mark 7
garden peas.
Triffle.

menue 4 Mixed grill oven chips baked beans
rice pudding made with carnation milk in the oven so it ends up with a
toasted skin on top.
If you need any more let me know I have hundreds.
Neil

Old April 18th 05, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy_R

"Alex Thomson" wrote in message
When caravanning my wife and I are sometimes stuck for ideas of what to
cook
for our main meal of the day, We always try to think of something quick to
microwave or stick in the oven like a pie of some sort, nine times out of
ten we end up with a salad and cold meat, as heathy as salad is we are
looking for any other ideas anyone may have, what do caravanners like to
prepare quickly and what's your favorite meals, any recipes would be
welcome.

Get online or get a copy of the local yellow pages and order an Indian or a
Chinky, delivered to your door. Then you can sit there while the other
caravanners look on enviously, slavering over the smell and still hungry
from some grotty salad or whatever they've had.

Alternatively, take Mary Bloody Fisher with you, she can cook up a gourmet
delight for twenty three people on a bunsen burner in little more than the
blink of an eye. As an offshoot she'll repel all the midgies within 1000
yards and her husband will erect all your awnings before you've finished
saying "make that three keema nans please".

Rgds

Andy R