Satellite reception

Old April 18th 05, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Colloff

Default Satellite reception

Hello. Looking for a bit of guidance on a topic of which I know nothing.

I have been given a Sky receiver, remote control and simple instructions.
Sometime in the future (months? Years?) I will get the dish when it is
taken down from its present highly inaccessible position.

For the minimum outlay what do I need to be able to get TV reception;
A) caravanning in the UK.
B) caravanning in, say France.

I am only interested in getting weather reports (news if there are ferry
strikes) and following events like the Tour de France, etc., in French
if necessary.

Thanks in advance, John.
Old April 19th 05, 06:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:43:27 +0100, John Colloff
wrote:

| Hello. Looking for a bit of guidance on a topic of which I know nothing.
|
| I have been given a Sky receiver, remote control and simple instructions.
| Sometime in the future (months? Years?) I will get the dish when it is
| taken down from its present highly inaccessible position.
|
| For the minimum outlay what do I need to be able to get TV reception;
| A) caravanning in the UK.
| B) caravanning in, say France.
|
| I am only interested in getting weather reports (news if there are ferry
| strikes) and following events like the Tour de France, etc., in French
| if necessary.

For weather and news you only need the BBC channels, so it will work OK in
the UK, *without* a $ky card. If you want ITV1, Ch4 and Ch5 you can now
get a card for GBP20 which should last 2 years or more. see sig.

See also http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/ for the technical stuff.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat ITV, Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -

Old April 19th 05, 06:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old April 19th 05, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"John Colloff" wrote in message

I am only interested in getting weather reports (news if there are ferry
strikes) and following events like the Tour de France, etc., in French
if necessary.

Wonder if you would be better off with a multiband radio.

Please reply to News Group.

Old April 20th 05, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Colloff

The message
from "David" said:

Wonder if you would be better off with a multiband radio.

No it is things like the tour that I want to watch, when I cannot get to them.

Hi Dave F. Thanks for the refs, John.
Old April 20th 05, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Colloff

The message