Ireland

Old April 20th 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Default Ireland

Never been but would love to have a look, especially the west coast.
I'm about ten minutes from one of the ferry ports but can't believe the
prices. Astronomic.
Might be cheaper to get the plane and do b and b with a hire car.
Anyone here been with a caravan?
DaveK.

Old April 22nd 05, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terry Birch

"GrannieAnnie" worldwidewoodAThotmailDOTcom wrote in message
"davek" wrote in message
Never been but would love to have a look, especially the west coast.
I'm about ten minutes from one of the ferry ports but can't believe the
prices. Astronomic.
Might be cheaper to get the plane and do b and b with a hire car.
Anyone here been with a caravan?
DaveK.

It's a beautiful country, the people are very friendly, and the caravan
sites are superb.
Last year the Caravan Club did an offer through Irishferries, called the
'van goes free. We booked the sites etc., though the caravan club and
nothing could have been easier. We went for three weeks, crossing from
Holyhead to Dublin on the 02:50hrs Cruise ferry, that gets into Dublin for
06:00hrs so you are out of Dublin before the traffic builds up. We went down
the East Coast and up the West Coast as far as Galway then back to Dublin.
I can recommend all the CC's sites. In the SW make a point of going to the
Eagle Point site at Ballylickey that's just north of Bantry, it is out of
this world.
I note that the CC no longer list the Camac Valley site in Dublin, this is a
beautiful site and its only 30 minutes from the Ferry Port, they will take
your booking over the phone.
If you do go, arrive at your port of departure, with more or less a nearly
empty fuel tank because its far cheaper over there!
If you are not in the Caravan Club e-mail www.camping-Ireland.ie and ask
them to send you a copy of their 2005 Camping & Caravan Sites booklet, its
very good and its free. Also visit
http://www.camping-ireland.ie/index.html they also subsidise the ferry if
you book through them.
If you want to know anymore feel free to e-mail me.