Out of season prices in France

Old April 21st 05, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

Default Out of season prices in France

Does anybody know from experience whether the out of season discounts
offered by campsites in France would match or approach those obtainable by
using Camping Cheques?

Thankyou in anticipation.

Cheers Paul

Old April 21st 05, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

You can get cheaper prices than using camping cheques but it all depends on
the facilities that you are looking for. Many of the municipal sites charge
less. With camping cheques you can get very good facilities and know the
location of the site in advance.

Old April 21st 05, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

Thanks Stewart,

I shall be taking a quantity of Camping Cheques as well as my ACSI card. I
am going for 9 weeks, and do not want to oversubscribe to Camping Cheque
even though I can use them next year. I know that these same sites offer a
reduction for long stay out of season, and to help me judge how many Camping
Cheques to take, I wondered of anyone has any experience of these
reductions.

Cheers Paul

Old April 21st 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"ZZhivago" wrote in message
Does anybody know from experience whether the out of season discounts
offered by campsites in France would match or approach those obtainable by
using Camping Cheques?

Thankyou in anticipation.

Paul

Campsites in France seem to have two prices High and Low season. I have not
noticed much in the way of discounts although some will give a discount if
you are over 55 years of age. As Stewart says there are many Municipal
Campsites which are very good value. We stayed on one near Reims last year
and it was under a fiver, it even had a new toilet block. My observation is
that Camping Cheques work with campsites of a high quality whicj makes them
such good value. I have not tried any of the ACSI campsites yet but may try
a couple this year. Sounds an interesting trip, we went to France for ten
weeks in 2002, just wish we could do the same this year!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old April 23rd 05, 07:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

"David Klyne" wrote in message

"ZZhivago" wrote in message
[...]

It's one of the good things about retirement. When you're old and clapped
out they allow you out to live your dream!
I like the ACSI concept, ie carrying a card rather then a thick valuable at
risk wad of non-refundable camping cheque vouchers. Camping cheques are fine
for short specific holidays where you have decided where you are going, I
have used them extensively for the past two years, but I am sure as a
retired businessman that if I as a site owner was offered camping cheques or
the same deal in cash then I'd go for cash every time. I'll see what
happens this year.
The ACSI brochure seems very well thought out, especially when you consider
it was as I understand it only launched in 2004, and they seem open to
suggestions.

Cheers Paul

Old April 23rd 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"ZZhivago" wrote in message

[...]

Did you get the ACSI CD-Rom as well? Its quite interesting to be able to
look at and area and choose campsites. Mind you it surprising how many
campsites don't have web pages!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk