strange power socket in van?

Old April 21st 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan

Default strange power socket in van?

Hi,
I have a 92 Rallye Compass GTE 460/2 and there is what I think is a
12volt power socket on the wall. I have unsuccesfully looked around
for a plug to suit so I can power my 12v B&W telly.

The socket has 2 slits in it and they taper together something like
this..

\ /

Can anyone tell me what it is please ?

Many thanks

Alan
Old April 21st 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Alan" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a 92 Rallye Compass GTE 460/2 and there is what I think is a
12volt power socket on the wall. I have unsuccesfully looked around
for a plug to suit so I can power my 12v B&W telly.

The socket has 2 slits in it and they taper together something like
this..

\ /

Can anyone tell me what it is please ?

Many thanks

Alan

Yes

A 12 volt power plug available from any good caravan shop

I think it could be a low amperage one tho'

Regards

DieSea

Old April 21st 05, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Alan" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a 92 Rallye Compass GTE 460/2 and there is what I think is a
12volt power socket on the wall. I have unsuccesfully looked around
for a plug to suit so I can power my 12v B&W telly.

The socket has 2 slits in it and they taper together something like
this..

\ /

Can anyone tell me what it is please ?

It is described in my caravan accessory book as a 12volt socket, and your
caravan shop should be able to supply you with a 12volt mateing plug.
Sorry do not know its technical name, it is not quoted.

Please reply to News Group.

Old April 21st 05, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

Alan, if you cannot get a corresponding plug I think that I may have one in
the garage. Let me know if you want me to look. it is 12 volt and can be
used for televisions, small vacuums etc..

Old April 21st 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Stewart" wrote in message
Alan, if you cannot get a corresponding plug I think that I may have one
in
the garage. Let me know if you want me to look. it is 12 volt and can be
used for televisions, small vacuums etc..

Try www.cec-plug-in.co.uk
They make all that stuff. I'd swap it for a 2 gang architrave 12 volt 2 pin
polarised socket c/w TV outlet.
(I have the catalogue).
DaveK.

Old April 21st 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Try www.cec-plug-in.co.uk
They make all that stuff. I'd swap it for a 2 gang architrave 12 volt 2
pin polarised socket c/w TV outlet.
(I have the catalogue).
DaveK.

Having said that, the website's under construction. Any caravan dealer has
the bits though.
DaveK.