Satellite TV again

Old April 22nd 05, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

Default Satellite TV again

I am considering updating my Sky caravan setup to an Omnisat crank up
dish on the roof. Has anyone else done this and has any experiences
(good or bad) to pass on.

Second point. I am considering permanently fitting my spare digibox
insider the wardrobe and then running a TV link via the existing aerial
cable so we can still change channel without having to access the
digibox. Has anyone any experience of this? If so would it work?
--
Al Stevenson
Old April 22nd 05, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Al Stevenson" wrote in
message ...
I am considering updating my Sky caravan setup to an Omnisat crank up
dish on the roof. Has anyone else done this and has any experiences
(good or bad) to pass on.

Second point. I am considering permanently fitting my spare digibox
insider the wardrobe and then running a TV link via the existing aerial
cable so we can still change channel without having to access the
digibox. Has anyone any experience of this? If so would it work?
--

Would think you need to ensure the roof unit is leak proof and does not
effect the caravan warranty.

Scart connections are the best for quaulity of picture, rather than RF
Should the audio side of your TV be stereo you will get mono sound via RF.
The cable in the caravan will no doubt be a cheaper grade than the CT100
types of coax used in digital installations. How will the digibox 'see' the
remote control comands?

Please reply to News Group.

Old April 22nd 05, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

In message , David
writes

"Al Stevenson" wrote in
message ...
[...]

The TV Link does this. It is inserted in the RF out - TV aerial line and
transmits the remote commands to the digibox
--
Al Stevenson
Old April 22nd 05, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

In message , David
writes

"Al Stevenson" wrote in
message ...

Old April 22nd 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seafarer

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:18:29 +0100, Al Stevenson
wrote:

I am considering updating my Sky caravan setup to an Omnisat crank up
dish on the roof. Has anyone else done this and has any experiences
(good or bad) to pass on.

Second point. I am considering permanently fitting my spare digibox
insider the wardrobe and then running a TV link via the existing aerial
cable so we can still change channel without having to access the
digibox. Has anyone any experience of this? If so would it work?
--
Al Stevenson

Go to the Satcure website,I've dealt with him before,he's first class
and has a special section re.all caravan questions and fitments.

Old April 25th 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen

wrote:

I am considering updating my Sky caravan setup to an Omnisat crank up
dish on the roof. Has anyone else done this and has any experiences
(good or bad) to pass on.

Second point. I am considering permanently fitting my spare digibox
insider the wardrobe and then running a TV link via the existing aerial
cable so we can still change channel without having to access the
digibox. Has anyone any experience of this? If so would it work?
--
Al Stevenson

Go to the Satcure website,I've dealt with him before,he's first class
and has a special section re.all caravan questions and fitments.

Yes it will work so long as you're using the secondary RF outlet on the back
of the digibox, and the box itself has been enabled to receive remote
control commands from the secondary source.