RANT...new van delay....

Old April 22nd 05, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

Default RANT...new van delay....

Sorry about this all..just gotta vent some steam.

Scenario....new van ordered Feb - quoted delivery May..hunky dorey
Phone call from dealer a few weeks back to say delivery mid-April - yippee
!!!
Phone call last night to say delivery will now be end July earliest...not so
hunky dorey.

Now is it me, or do people just not give a monkeys about customer
satisfaction - fair play to my dealer - he's keeping me advised, and will
"keep the pressure on" Swift group, but I dont see how he can keep this
pressure on when their standard response is one of "well that's your
delivery date - we dont know why it slipped from May".
Where did the April date come from ?
Surely when you sign an order which quotes delivery May - that's forming a
contract (taking it a bit far I know, but you get the idea)
Surely when somebody says they'll do something for a timescale they should
do (I have to otherwise I would have no business to run).
Like I say, sorry for the rant, but bloody hell - who is in charge here the
dog or the tail ? If we dont buy the vans they cant produce them, so who
relies on who kinda thing....

sorry, sorry, sorry for the rant.....................aaaahhhhh feel so much
better now !
Cheers n beers

Steve

Old April 22nd 05, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Steve Bowyer" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know why you feel better, it wouldn't be cathartic for me. I'd be
furious.

Mary

Old April 22nd 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:49:41 GMT, "Steve Bowyer"
wrote:

Surely when you sign an order which quotes delivery May - that's forming a
contract (taking it a bit far I know, but you get the idea)

That is correct if the contract states May delivery then that is what
it should be, you have the choice should you want to of cancelling the
contract and going somewhere else. Only problem with this is that
somewhere else will probably give you a later delivery date and might
well charge you more.

Surely when somebody says they'll do something for a timescale they should
do (I have to otherwise I would have no business to run).

At least they are keeping you informed, in the end it is not their
fault, it is their suppliers who have let them down. It's no
consolation to you but in the end if you want the goods you have to
accept some slippage of date. You could try asking for some goodies to
be added to the van to compensate for their late delivery.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old April 22nd 05, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
tonyg

Steve Bowyer wrote:
[...]

We ordered our 'van in November 2003, with a delivery date around Feb

2004. Not a great shock then to learn that that date slipped! Don't
remember the details but various dates where promised when I phoned for
an update. They NEVER called me!

Finally, a date of 30th May 2004 was fixed. That morning whilst halfway
through the FIVE hour drive from our home to the dealer, I called to
double check that all would be well for the four o'clock appointment to
collect our new pride and joy! "Of course" came the reply, "see you
later" etc...

Imagine my surprise then, when I arrive at the dealer's outlet, to see
the 'van outside their workshop with four chaps working feverously in an
attempt to complete the various tasks required. Needless to say I had a
sense of humour bypass as it dawned on me that the ‘van wouldn’t be
ready that day, nor the following!

Eventually, they delivered on the following Thursday, 36 hours before
we’re due to go away in our new ‘van!

Takes the edge off, what should be a great moment!

When you finally, get your 'van, book a trip, drink your beer and forget
the dealer! (until, you have to take it back, for warranty work ;-)

Enjoy.

Tony G

Old April 22nd 05, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Saunders

This does seem to be a problem whichever manufacturer you buy from. A
colleague at work ordered a new Bailey last year and he's seen the date slip
by some months.
Seems a bit of a joke really. You order a new model which gets delivered
halfway through the year and then in September they're trumpeting the
following years models!
We were fortunate as we picked ours up on the 1st February.

Old April 23rd 05, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

[...]

Friend of mine ordered at a show to secure a good price and a May '04
delivery. Booked a trip for Cornwell July'04. Delayed twice and finally got
the van a week before the trip _but_ not all the facilities functioned 100%.

You may have a few bridges to cross yet my friend ;o)

Think of British Leyland in the 60s ...... now you are getting the picture.

Richard