warning speed camera

Old August 6th 03, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
Paul Giverin

Default warning speed camera

In message , chris
writes
after holidaying on Anglesey recently I noticed a van parked up on the verge
of the A5 porthaethwy/menai bridge Anglesey
it was disguised as a delivery van but I noticed there was a camera pointing
out of the back I forgot all about it until I returned home
and opened my mail to discover a speeding fine 60 and 3 points .I hold my
hands up yes I must of been speeding bit annoyed as I have a clean license
and am not a fast driver any way this has annoyed me as I feel it is
entrapment and in the police letter sent it states

[snip]

You seem to misunderstand the meaning of "entrapment".

It is only entrapment if they encouraged you to break the speed limit
and then nicked you.

--
Paul Giverin

British Jet Engine Website
http://www.britjet.co.uk
Old August 6th 03, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
Mick

This camera may not be a speed camera but one that reads vehicle number
plates (A.N.P.R) Automatic Number Plate Reader, which are then checked
against an updated data base for stolen or vehicles of interest.

--

Mick

Old August 7th 03, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
AstraVanMan

This camera may not be a speed camera but one that reads vehicle number
plates (A.N.P.R) Automatic Number Plate Reader, which are then checked
against an updated data base for stolen or vehicles of interest.

It may have been one of them, but given the fact that the OP received a
speeding ticket in the post, my money's on the fact that it is in fact a
speed camera.

Peter