dog friendly beaches near plymouth

Old April 24th 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
homerh

Default dog friendly beaches near plymouth

Hi group has anyone any info on some dog friendly beaches near to Plymouth.
I have tried looking on the net but keep coming up a blank, has anybody got
any links or any ideas.TIA Homer.

Old April 24th 05, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"homerh" wrote in
:

Hi group has anyone any info on some dog friendly beaches near to
Plymouth. I have tried looking on the net but keep coming up a blank,
has anybody got any links or any ideas.TIA Homer.

Perhaps not quite Plymouth, but most of the beaches around the Rame
peninsula are dog friendly. From Plymouth, this is a trip across the
Torpoint Ferry and about a ten-mile drive. Seaton and Downderry are among
the best - and it's where we take our labrador all year round. Seaton
banned dogs in high season year before last, but ban didn't happen last
year - and even if it did they have an excellent riverside walk.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old April 27th 05, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"homerh" wrote in message
Hi group has anyone any info on some dog friendly beaches near to
Plymouth. I have tried looking on the net but keep coming up a blank, has
anybody got any links or any ideas.TIA Homer.

Have a look at the Down Thomas Caravan Club site. Overlooks Bovisand Bay and
you can walk to the beach.
Suppose dogs are allowed (?)
DaveK.