Insuficient hot water for showers

Old April 25th 05, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Insuficient hot water for showers

Been out this w/e and had electric hook up. Found that when one person had
used the shower they could not be immediately followed by another. Can
capacity been improved?
Could we turn gas on as well to improve recovery?

Please reply to News Group.

Old April 25th 05, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
tonyg

David wrote:
Been out this w/e and had electric hook up. Found that when one person had
used the shower they could not be immediately followed by another. Can
capacity been improved?
Could we turn gas on as well to improve recovery?

Our 2000 Coachman Amara could use both fuels at the same time, but I
can't remember the brand of boiler used! Sorry.

However, the calorific value (ie. the potential heat available) is much
greater with gas than via the few amps available from electric hook-up.

If you wish to both shower in quick succession than you'll have to
accept there's a greater price to pay!

During our three caravanning career, I beleive we've used two mid sized
gas cylinders (around 15-20 each, I think) so in the grand scheme if
things not the greatest cost.

Do others comsumer more or less gas?

Hope this helps.

Tonyg

Old April 25th 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

David wrote:

Been out this w/e and had electric hook up. Found that when one
person had used the shower they could not be immediately followed by
another. Can capacity been improved?
Could we turn gas on as well to improve recovery?

You can't easily increase the *capacity* of the water heater - but there's
no reason why you can't speed up the recovery by using both fuels at the
same time.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old April 25th 05, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"David" wrote in message
Been out this w/e and had electric hook up. Found that when one person
had
used the shower they could not be immediately followed by another. Can
capacity been improved?
Could we turn gas on as well to improve recovery?

Yes, that's the recommended way. (RTFM as my old mate always reminds me).
You can save on water by having a quick wash down, turn off the shower, soap
all over and shower on again to rinse.
If your water heater has an adjustable thermostat (our latest van hasn't)
turn it to max then you can use minimum hot water mixed with cold.
DaveK.

Old April 26th 05, 05:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
IAN

I agree with DaveK, I too wet first, turn off, soap and then rinse, then
after, wife goes in and has full shower, no problem.Remember you are not at
home with full capacity, You have to think lean

Ian

Old April 26th 05, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Using the turn on turn off method we can get 3 showers from one roll and one
tank of hot water (using a cascade 2)

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD