Dog Freindly Sites

Old April 25th 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hodge

Default Dog Freindly Sites

Hi
Would appreciate some recommendations of dog-friendly caravan sites. If
possible we're looking for: good dog walks from site (off lead) without
having to go by car; hard standing pitches if possible; peace & quiet and
obviously dog friendly . We're looking within a 150 mile radius of the home
counties.

We've been to the following and can thoroughly recommend: Bo Peep Caravan
Park in Banbury, Caravan Club sites in Dulverton, North Somerset and Black
Knowl in the New Forest.

Any replies appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hodge

Old April 26th 05, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Hodge" wrote in message
Hi
Would appreciate some recommendations of dog-friendly caravan sites. If
possible we're looking for: good dog walks from site (off lead) without
having to go by car; hard standing pitches if possible; peace & quiet and
obviously dog friendly . We're looking within a 150 mile radius of the
home
counties.

CC Site in Norfolk ''Incleboro Fields' but no hard standings (can't get
planning permission for them). Forest Camping at Tangham (Suffolk) but again
no hard standings ...C shower/toilet facilities ok but a bit short of CC
standards. CC Site ''Round Plantation'', Mildenhall (Suffolk) but only half
the pitches have electric hook-up and no shower/toilet blocks.

I could go on but you know how it is ..... there is a 'wide-spread' flavour
of sites there though and each is like a bit of peaceful heaven on earth if
you pick the right time-slots.

Richard

Old April 26th 05, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hodge

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply, will have a look at your suggestions.

Meanwhile more recommendations appreciated.

Hodge

Old April 26th 05, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Hodge" wrote in message
Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply, will have a look at your suggestions.

Meanwhile more recommendations appreciated.

Hodge

BTW Tangham is Forestry Commission so here is the addy

www.forestcamping.co.uk

Book the right pitch and you can go straight from your van into acres of
forest walks .... whole day if you are that way inclined ;o)

Just booked another 10 days there yesterday ..... making sure it is when the
kids are at school ;o)

BFN ..... Richard

Old April 26th 05, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Hodge" wrote in message
Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply, will have a look at your suggestions.

Meanwhile more recommendations appreciated.

Hodge

Moon and Sixpence, near Waldringfield (Suffolk). A bit more expensive then
most but probably the best shower/toilet facilities I have ever come across.
They even have private bathrooms there with piped music etc. Also, has a bar
and small restaurant on-site. Only been the once .... a bit close to where I
live and too commercial for our tastes ..... just depends what you want.
This site has adjacent fields with fairly long walks. They just plough new
pathways through the meadow grass now and then. It has a lake there too
although the fishing is limited to just 1/2 months later in the year.

Richard

Old May 6th 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:43:26 GMT, "Hodge" wrote:

Hi
Would appreciate some recommendations of dog-friendly caravan sites. If
possible we're looking for: good dog walks from site (off lead) without
having to go by car; hard standing pitches if possible; peace & quiet and
obviously dog friendly . We're looking within a 150 mile radius of the home
counties.

We've been to the following and can thoroughly recommend: Bo Peep Caravan
Park in Banbury, Caravan Club sites in Dulverton, North Somerset and Black
Knowl in the New Forest.

CC Clumber Park at worksop is a magnificently dog friendly site with
lots of walks from the site, Whitehorse beach at lowestoft has a beach
adjacent where you can walk for miles if you wwant to, Broomfield Park
at east Hoathly has wonderful walks, Lady Margarets at Chirk is
another easy site for dogs with lots of walks particularly along the
canal towpath. If you don't mind a CL then lokk in the CC book under
Stratford and find Bluck's at Weston on Avon, that is a dogs paradise,
a bit basic though but a wonderful place.

Looking at your 150 miles radius there must be many more.

(remove the spam to reply)