Directions through Sheffield

Old April 27th 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy Lingard

Default Directions through Sheffield

Can anybody tell me the best way through Sheffield to get to a site at Hope
towing a van, coming in from the east on the the M18, on to the M1 then
possible on to the Sheffield Parkway, reverse trip as well.

TIA Roy

remove REMOVE from email for direct reply

Old April 27th 05, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Roy Lingard" wrote in message
Can anybody tell me the best way through Sheffield to get to a site at
Hope towing a van, coming in from the east on the the M18, on to the M1
then possible on to the Sheffield Parkway, reverse trip as well.

Try Google maps. Highly recommended. I put in start at 'M18' and finish at
'Hope Sheffield' . Route and map you can print.
DaveK.

Old April 27th 05, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Try Google maps. Highly recommended. I put in start at 'M18' and finish at
'Hope Sheffield' . Route and map you can print.
DaveK.

Just looked again and it thinks M18 is a postcode. What town you coming
from?
DaveK.

Old April 27th 05, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Roy Lingard" wrote in message
Can anybody tell me the best way through Sheffield to get to a site at
Hope towing a van, coming in from the east on the the M18, on to the M1
then possible on to the Sheffield Parkway, reverse trip as well.

TIA Roy

Unless you're absolutely in rush hour (and even then I don't think you'll do
much better!), I can't see any advantage in doing anything other than you
infer.

M18, M1, Parkway, left round the 'inner ring road' past the station
following the signs, and out on the A625. I don't tow (motorhome) but
nothing here to daunt you.

The bottom end of the A625 off the 'inner ring' (Ecclesall Road) is usually
busy at any time of the day (crawl for a mile).

It is possible to skirt round Sheffield, but it isn't particularly quick E
to W, and you're more likely to get lost.

Bob

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old April 27th 05, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Bob Douglas came up with the following;:
[...]

Wotesed

Straight through is easiest and quickest at almost any time of day or night.
We go from Doncaster to Castleton via Hope regularly, (via M18 as we live
near J4) and we've found no advantage at all on any other route through
Sheffield.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old April 27th 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Secret Squirrel

Roy Lingard wrote:
Can anybody tell me the best way through Sheffield to get to a site at Hope
towing a van, coming in from the east on the the M18, on to the M1 then
possible on to the Sheffield Parkway, reverse trip as well.

TIA Roy

remove REMOVE from email for direct reply

To go through Sheffield:

Sheffield Parkway, to the end. Follow signs A61 North (also signposted
Barnsley), taking the 5th exit on the roundabout, and stay in the middle
lane. Straight through the traffic lights and pass behind the police
station and follow the road to the next roundabout. Straight on (2nd
exit) over the roundabout. and follow this road until the large junction
at the end (about 1 mile). Bear right onto the dual carriageway, and
follow this road for about 2 miles, looking out for B&Q/Morrisons on the
left. Take the 1st left after B&Q (Bradfield road), straight over the
mini-roundabout and keep in the right-hand lane. Carry straight on at
the traffic lights (onto Holme Lane) and carry on past Towsure on your
left. Take the 1st left after Towsure (Rivelin Valley Road) and
continue for about 3 miles to the end. Turn right at the end (A57) and
follow to Ladybower Reservoir. Turn Left, through Bamford and follow to
the end. Turn right at the traffic lights (petrol station on your left,
Marquis of Granby straight ahead) and follow the road until you arrive
in Hope.

Possibly not the fastest way, but the flattest way through the city for
less hill-starts and such.